Introduce to A Zoom-Like App
A decade ago, when we think about video conferencing, we could visualize a room with a complicated and high-end camera, connectivity, television, and a considerable degree of exclusivity. Today, the world of video conferencing has been brought down to our smartphones. You can connect with anyone through a video conferencing app and that too from any place that offers good connectivity.
A Zoom-Like App , Video conferencing was once confined to high-level business meetings where people had to connect across the globe or with just friends and family who lived in different corners of the world. Today, video conferencing has become a necessity because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The pandemic proved to the world that technology that enables connectivity can come in handy during the toughest and testing times. Although names like Skype and FaceTime have been well established in this field, one app that rose to prominence during the coronavirus pandemic is Zoom.
A bit about Zoom
A Zoom-Like App ,Zoom was started in 2011 in San Jose, California by ex-Cisco employees. Its usage was largely confined to a few top management professionals until recently. The company became a unicorn in 2017 and it became a part of the NASDAQ 100 stock index in 2020 April. It is interesting to note that the market cap of Zoom stands at $122 billion. It was once worth more than Exxon Mobil and even to this day, is worth more than the world’s seven biggest airliners put together.
The success of Zoom can be attributed to the fact that it was present with the right features at the right time. While some products were way ahead and some products had the essential user base to capitalize on, they still lost to Zoom because they didn’t have the right features.
The reasons for Zoom’s success
A Zoom-Like App ,The biggest reason for the success of Zoom is, without question, the timing. In addition, there are a few features that garnished Zoom appropriately, so it found universal appeal as much as it did with the top management with people who wanted a friendly online gathering as well.
Zoom offers 40 minutes of meetings for free! The 40-minute interval was more than adequate for a casual conversation and also presented people with an option of another person creating an account and continuing the meeting but with a 40-minute limitation. However, it did not go well with meetings that needed to be continuously connected and sometimes, even recorded as a complete session. Therefore, it became an attractive prospect for friends and family who intended to stay connected.
The user interface of Zoom was simple and intuitive. Whether you need to initiate a meeting by yourself or need to attend a meeting scheduled by someone else, it was quite straightforward to use Zoom. This made Zoom an instant favorite among the technically uninitiated.
Zoom was an ideal candidate for team huddles during the work-from-home era. The COVID-19 pandemic changed the definition of work as we know it but the need for communication and collaboration during work did not change. While collaboration has been effectively taken care of by cloud platforms, communication could only be handled by video conferencing apps like Zoom.
As much as the age of lockdown was synonymous with working from home, it was also synonymous with online classes. The online classes weren’t only for schools and colleges but even for seminars and a lot of freelance trainers who sought alternate earning opportunities. The avenues look so diverse but there was some version of Zoom that fit everyone’s requirements. With Zoom, you could handle meetings and webinars as well. It is the variety and flexibility in its offerings that made Zoom a success.
The professional version of Zoom was quite affordable. This made Zoom the go-to option event for underfunded startups. It had become a favorite to such an extent that even individual users who occasionally needed to connect with their friends, family, and colleagues did not find Zoom subscription to be a financial burden.
Video conferencing with such versatile features has become so much of an essence that even governments have started embracing the process and the technology. It is worth noting that the president of Taiwan was sworn-in in a ceremony that was hosted on a video conference in which about 93 persons representing 41 different countries participated virtually.
Developing an app like Zoom
A Zoom-Like App , The success of Zoom is bound to prompt any aspiring entrepreneur to start their own video conferencing business. After all, the Internet penetration, the relevance of working from home, the needful connectivity, and the possibilities of offices functioning from different corners of the globe have only made the app idea more lucrative.
There are different ways to embark on your journey of video conferencing app development. However, before that, it is important to have a few aspects in place.
- Onboarding should be made simple and easy. For instance, Zoom lets you sign up with your existing credentials like Google. This ensures that you do not have to remember an additional set of credentials.
- A Zoom-Like App ,The world of the Internet even for an individual is not monotonous. It is possible that a person might be connected on a laptop, on a mobile device, and on a tablet. Therefore, your app should be available across multiple platforms and devices. It should not be forgotten that both the dominating mobile operating systems deserve special attention.
- When developing apps for specific platforms, make sure that you exploit all the features that the platform provides. For instance, a MacBook with Touch Bar deserves consideration during development for quick actions like muting and ending of meetings.
- The interface should be made simple, intuitive, and interactive. It should be easy even for novice users to use the video conferencing app.
- A Zoom-Like App ,The video conferencing app should also facilitate quick and easy payments. The payment gateway should be able to accept multiple payment instruments like credit cards, debit cards, Internet banking, and wallets. Since most video conferencing apps work on a subscription basis, there should also be a facility to enable automatic payments.
- The app should be able to record meetings in a compressed format, so it does not take up a lot of hard disk space. The app should also integrate with mainstream calendars like the Google Calendar and the Apple Calendar.
Above everything,A Zoom-Like App , your video conferencing app should have the features it takes to distinguish itself from the competition. If not, you will need to identify a specific niche and cater to the specialized needs of that particular segment. You may choose to create a video conferencing app for corporate or for students.
We have seen that there are different ways to engage in the process of video conferencing app development. The most straightforward way would be to either hire a team of developers or outsourcing it to an app development company.
Alternatively, you can make use of a Zoom clone. A Zoom clone script is easy to customize and can be made to bear the features in line with your business requirements. Once you have zeroed down on the company and the Zoom clone price, all that is left for you to do is give a go-ahead and the company will take care to present you with a perfect video conferencing app with the mix of features that you needed.