- 1 Introduction to App Development Frameworks
- 1.1 Best for the app development process.
- 1.1.1 React Native
- 1.1.2 Xamarin
- 1.1.3 Onsen UI
- 1.1.4 PhoneGap
- 1.1.5 Ionic
- 1.1.6 Framework 7
- 1.1.7 Intel XDK
- 1.2 Share and Enjoy !
- 1.1 Best for the app development process.
Introduction to App Development Frameworks
Did you know that the inappropriate choice of frameworks can lead to app failure?
Frameworks are the most important component of the app development process. Choosing a framework itself can make or break your app development idea.
As every framework has its limitations, you need to work accordingly. Moreover, some frameworks use code that is publically available and therefore, can easily be used by people with wrong intentions.
So, make sure you choose a framework that does not limit you while app customization as well as secure your apps.
The best way to avoid such circumstances is either you consult with an app development consultancy or hire a team of dedicated developers who will be solely responsible for your app development and will work on the idea as directed by you.
Best for the app development process.
React native is one of the best frameworks in the world used to develop native applications over hybrid applications.
In addition, with the latest updates, React native now supports Android which is used by the majority of people worldwide.
Advantages of React Native
- It uses ready to use components to speed up the development process.
- As programming is carried out in a declarative style, but can easily be identified.
- Provides a provision to copy the code base between Android and iOS
- You can deploy the app without the developer’s assistance
Disadvantages of React Native
- Navigation components still create a gap which enables in offering a seamless user experience
- Hardware areas still need improvements
Xamarin has been employed in most organizations with a strong community around the world. It is one of the key mobile application development frameworks and is known to abide by the WORA (Write once, Run anytime) principle. Xamarin is extremely popular to make business mobile applications with a native look and feel.
Advantages of Xamarin
- Microsoft has got its back and gives all the technical support required
- It is much easier to test applications with Xamarin
- Code reusability is the best advantage it offers
- Xamarin ensures that you get the same level of performance as native apps
- You get to use specific features using Xamarin Forms
- An only specific number of technical components within its own library gets the support
- The framework comes with a huge cost of the business license
- Integrations are a bit difficult with Xamarin
Onsen UI is a well equipped and amazing mobile app development framework. It comes with a perfect set of documentation that gives a detailed explanation of the application structure.
Developers find the framework easy and fast as it puts together all the components that give a native feel to the application.
Advantages of Onsen UI
- It is open-source and free
- Easy to use the framework
- It is compatible with both jQuery and AngularJS
- It comes with outstanding features such as built-in Theme Roller, Font Awesome, and Screen Transition Related
Disadvantages of Onsen UI
- Template upgrade is extremely time-consuming
- Non-availability of templates like GitHub is a disadvantage
Phonegap is another open-source application development framework and is considered to be the simplest cross-platform framework. Application development with this tool is done using web APIs.
It means it develops these applications under a wrapper native app shell and implements a team in native stores for various platforms. PhoneGap comes with an amazing
provision of cloud service named “Build” which can compile applications without the requirement of any SDKs.
Advantages of PhoneGap
- Compatible with iOS, Windows 7, and Android
- No experience required in using PhoneGap, any individual can use it without assistance
- Simply skip multiplatform validation and focus on building UI
Disadvantages of PhoneGap
- Performance of PhoneGap is not as good as others in competition
- There is a definite gap of more UI widgets in the framework.
Ionic is a prominent framework which is also considered as one of the best choices of the developers. CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) in this framework is enough to develop native looking apps. Ionic framework, when paired with Angularjs, can be used to its full potential.
There are a lot of features that we get using Ionic’s command-line interface such as Cordova and integrated emulators based app packages.
Advantages of Ionic
- Develop the code once and use it across all the platforms at once
- Rich and robust application development can be done easily
Disadvantages of Ionic
- App performance is not as good as the applications built specifically for the environment
- Complex in-app navigation at present
- Tagging along AngularJS creates a skill gap
Framework7 is the most stable and independent framework as it doesn’t have any dependency on React or AngularJS. In fact, using this framework we can create native-like
Advantages of Framework7
- Framework7 provides many UI elements and widgets to develop feature-rich mobile applications
- Customization of apps can easily be one at any stage of mobile app development
- Helps in easy creation of native applications without the need for external dependencies of Angularjs or React
Disadvantages of Framework7
- Less compatible with other possible mobile platforms
- F7 MVC framework for mobile application development is a necessity
- For any package emulation, it either has to use Cordova or PhoneGap
Intel XDK is another framework that allows developers to create cross-platform applications in a hassle-free way.
Services ranging from web services to plugins for rich content, responsive apps, and interactive mobile apps are known to run on any kind of device can be developed using this framework.
Developers can perform tasks like development to emulation, to testing and debugging easily with this framework.
Advantages of Intel XDK
- Offers a lot of developer-friendly features and at as a one-stop-shop for all your development activities
- Allow users to get a live preview option on their connected devices when the development phase is still going on
- Newer releases extend its support to iOS, Android, and Windows.
Disadvantages of Intel XDK
It gives a drag and drops feature but it creates loads of code that isn’t required.
Apart from the above-mentioned frameworks, there are other mobile app frameworks inline such as Appcelerator Titanium, Mobile Angular UI, and Sencha Touch using which you can start developing apps.
Author Bio –
Hey, this is Puneet Singh Raghav. An Experienced Digital Marketing Executivewith a demonstrated history of working in the information technology and services industry.
Skilled in Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Landing Page Optimization, Website Analysis, Competitor Analysis, Google Analytics & Reporting