All about Change Gmail Password
Do you want to change your Gmail password but not getting the proper options for the same? Don’t panic, there are several easy methods that can help you to cope up with such situations.
As many people are using Gmail for their personal or official use, so you must keep your account safe. This can also be done by changing the password on regular basis.
Google advises its users to keep different passwords every time so their data or contacts may not lose. You can use the google account recovery page to verify identity, email address for this purpose.
What if you forgot your Gmail password?
If you’ve forgotten your Google password, follow the below-given steps in order to recover your account password.
- Firstly, enter your email address in the relevant box, and then in the password box, enter the last password you remembered. If it does not login to your account, click the “Try another way” button.
- This will open a verification screen with another method, usually via a mobile device where a numerical code will pop up from Google.
- Click the “Yes” button and a new screen with three numbers will open on your phone. Tap the number that matches with the number on your account recovery page.
- Then you will be taken to another screen that asks for another verification step. Click on the “Send” button and you’ll get that code in your other email account.
- Now, enter and re-enter your new chosen password. You can also use a password manager to generate a good password for your account.
Google recovery page, g.co/recover, will ask you to save your password for future use. Choose accordingly.
A Quick Fix to Gmail Account Not Receiving Emails
Gmail is one of the excellent and most used webmail services in the world. However, many users reported that they aren’t receiving emails on their Gmail account. Those users might be able to send emails, but they don’t receive any.
Reasons behind “why am I not receiving emails on Gmail” are mentioned below along with solutions to fix Gmail account not receiving emails:
- Use a different browser: If your Gmail account is not receiving emails, then you can try and open it in a different browser like Opera.
- Gmail Server is down: To check if that is the case, open the Down detector website in a browser, enter the keyword Gmail in that website’s search box, and press the Return key. Then click Gmail to see if the server is down for Gmail.
- Clear the emails for more storage: Click Upgrade storage in Google drive to open the tab. Google provides the maximum storage of 15 GB. If your storage is full, then select some emails to delete. Then click the Delete button.
- Turn off email forwarding: Click on the Settings button in Gmail and select the Settings option. Now click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP and click on the Disable forwarding option. Click the save changes button.
Also visit: Google One VPN: How Safe Secure It Is in 2020?
Sometimes users also report issues like Chrome not saving passwords, which is another common problem besides Gmail not receiving emails.
You can fix it in chrome settings. Ensure that you have enabled autofill to fill out web forms in a single click and offer to save passwords you enter on the web.