- 1 Introduction to Connect Canon Printer to WiFi?
- 1.1 How to Connect Canon Printer to Wi-Fi?
- 1.2 How to Connect Canon Printer to WiFi Router without using WPS Button:
- 1.3 Share and Enjoy !
Introduction to Connect Canon Printer to WiFi?
Canon is considered to be one of the most reliable brands of printers in the market. People usually prefer it more than others. The reason is the high printing quality which others fail to offer. But the fact is that being an electronic device it can’t be perfect, there is always a probability that it may have shown some errors. One common question the customers generally have is “How to connect canon printer to Wi-Fi?”
How to Connect Canon Printer to Wi-Fi?
Standard connection and WPS methods are the two ways used for wireless connection. When so ever the customer search for a canon printer setup then you can try to put any of the procedures mentioned below. Make sure that the printer is capable to get connected to the internet.
The WPS Connection Method-
It is used for operating systems like Windows and Mac. The WPS has a push-button, then enable WEP security. Follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Firstly, switch on the canon printer, place it near the router so it becomes easily reachable.
- Unless the printer light turns on, keep holding the Wifi button
- Click the WPS button after 2 minutes of pause
- Seek for blue light WiFi light and ascertain that it stays still
- Then try to print for checking the connectivity
Hopefully, the steps mentioned above will prove to be helpful for you.
The Canon Standard Connection Method
Try out this particular method if the router doesn’t have a WPS feature. Read the guidelines to implement the method:
- Connect both printer and the system
- After that fill the tray with papers
- Click the cancel button for a while
- Check the connection status
- Additionally, verify the network name
- Ascertain to switch on the printer to connect the setup. You will be requiring an Ethernet cable for wired connections.
- The necessary drivers must be installed
- Now connect your printer with the internet and observe the speed
- Connect the system and printer to the router
Canon Printer Setup for Windows OS:
- First, go on the Start button and then settings in order to open it
- In the setting windows click on devices
- Below the option select scanners and printer
- Add both the above options, this will add a printer name on the list
- Here connect it to a similar network as that of a printer
By implementing these steps you can complete the process of setting up the device. Once you get finished with it, you will have the chance to use your printer.
Canon Printer Setup for Mac OS:
- You need to make a choice here; it will be the System preferences and select the option of Printers and Scanners.
- To add the printer, click on the + key
- You will get a list now, there select the printer to add it
- Regarding the router, the printer and Mac device must be attached to the same network
- To test the connection, try to take a print
How to Connect Canon Printer to WiFi Router without using WPS Button:
- Run the application by installing the Canon IJ Network Device Setup
- Turn it on and then connect your printer through a USB
- By choosing the USB connection option finish the process
- Moving ahead, change the connection to IPv4
- Now enter your printer password, it will be the serial number of your printer only
- Complete the process by selecting the Wi-Fi network and entering the network password
- Finally, the setup is completed
- With the help of Add a device option on the control panel, add the printer and remove USB
- It is ready to use now
Probably, you would be able to solve the issue of how to connect canon printer to wifi. But if your answer is “NO” then don’t panic. You can seek guidance on the support number. The professionals will provide you a precise set of information.
Another common issue that arises with the customers is “Printer Is offline”. To get the issue solved implement the methods.
Method 1: Restart the Printer Spooler service
Method 2: Disable the Use of Printer Offline feature on your printer
Method 3: Now, reinstall the printer software
From the next time, when so ever you get in the middle of any error or issue, don’t think twice and just ask for help. Our team of specialists will guide you from one step to another very easily. We provide 24×7 guidance to the users, no matter what time it is we are always there to support you. Every call is answered instantly in order to save the valuable time of the customer. Moreover, the suggestions and advice that you acquire from the professionals will help you in the long-run.