All about Electricity Connection to Your Name in Hyderabad
Did you purchase a flat or a building recently? The first thing you can do before or just after entering your dream home is to transfer your electricity connection to your name from the builder. Here is a step-by-step guide on the Transfer of Electricity Connection to Your Name in Hyderabad.
Why do you need to change the electricity connection to your name?
Transfer of name is extremely important because the electricity bill is one among the valid proofs for residential address and therefore the landowner.
How to Transfer of Electricity Connection to Your Name in Hyderabad??
This question is very common among all of us. I googled a bit found the below written. Transfer Electricity Meter in Your Name without paying any bribe. This is a good suggestion with respect to Bangalore.
But with respect to Hyderabad, let me tell you what do you require actually. In Hyderabad, the process is pretty simple and straightforward.
Bribe Method to Transfer of Electricity Connection to Your Name in Hyderabad
This method is still available in Hyderabad. In this case, you need to go to the respective office and talk to the front desk or the operator for the same. The price may change depending on your profession and how you look!!. The price may be Rs 3000 to Rs6000.
Agent Method to Transfer of Electricity Connection to Your Name in Hyderabad
If you are not willing to go to the Electric office due to any factor (hygiene, time shortage, Less bandwidth to handle such people, language problem ), there is the second option called Agent. There are several agents available who will do the job for you.
You can talk to your builder for a set of Agents and talk to them then finalize. I have heard that if you are submitting in a group, they also offer discounts. The charges are Rs1500 to Rs 3000.
In general, they wait till they get a bunch of owners who needs similar service.
- Check with them, if they are submitted your documents to the necessary department.
- Ask for confirmation/transaction slip
- Else, visit the electricity department to inquire and resubmit if urgent.
There is a second type of agent available. They are the linemen. Your builder or neighbor may know them. They can also carry out the same task for a lesser price.
The DIY Method to Transfer Electricity Connection to Your Name in Hyderabad
In this method, you need to spend time and do all the necessary things on your own. The cost is somewhat Rs 300 to 500 including all.
List of Documents for title transfer
Things you require
- Sale’s deed copy
- Last 2 month’s electricity bill(Latest will be required)
- Passport size photograph-4 (2 is required)
- Latest Property Tax Receipt if applicable
- Consumer No. in case of a resell property
- Copy of card issued by electricity board (as applicable)
- One Signature from Builder on top section (“Signature of Transferor”) on Transfer Form (which can be downloaded from http://www.apcentralpower.com/LeftMenu/Downloads/transfer_application_form.htm ).
- If you and your relative or spouse jointly buying then NOC Certificate from your spouse/relative on a 20/- Non-Judicial Stamp Paper is required. NOC can be issued from the registerer office.
- Development Agreement ( if you purchased it from Land Owners )
- EC – Encumbrance Certificate – Apply in e-Seva to get it.
- Link Documents from the landowner.
- Applicant should be the owner of the premises for which the Electricity (EB) Meter name transfer is required from its past owner.
- Electricity services under disconnection aren’t eligible.
- Indemnity Bond for Title Transfer. Get it from Notary outside the Electricity office. They have everything ready. Rs. 160/-
The process you need to Follow:
- In Hyderabad, eSeva service is very good. Even online service is there. I prefer eSeva. Please pay the current outstanding( current month bill). Still, the bill will be on the builder’s name. Collect the receipt from eSeva. Alternatively, you can get the same from the builder. (In the second case you are really lucky…:) )
- PayTM, Amazon supports paying electricity billing. You can also avail of their service to pay the bill.
- Now it’s time for you to prepare for the proof. So in an A4 paper please xerox bill and payment receipt. (2 copies)
- Find out a Gazetted officer from Hyderabad. If you don’t find any, go to the power office or Miyapur court, You can get many Notary shops to help you out.
- All the pages (front and backside) of the sale deed and payment proof should be signed by an officer.
- Get 30/- challan from Electricity office. Ask somebody there from where to get it. Generally it available on the same counter where electricity bills are paid.
- Check the ERO Code on your Bill and find out the office.
- Xerox all the documents(1-2 copies)
- From this office you need to take a chalan.. attested copies, Builder’ signed-transfer form & 2 Passport Photographs need to be submitted.
- Now they will provide you with a form. Please fill this form.
- After checking all these details, a picture will be taken with their cam.
How To Download Statement Of Encumbrance On Property
This process is documented by Daxesh Pandya, my neighbor. I have taken his guidance to fill up my application. I find this piece of information is really helpful for all residents of Hyderabad. Hence sharing.
Else get it from Seva/MeeSeva after paying Rs. 235/-. You need just a xerox copy of the Encumbrance Certificate.
- TPDDL documents criteria
- Telangana State Southern Power Distribution Company Limited” (TSSPDCL) online link
- Telangana State Northern Power Distribution Company Limited” (TSNPDCL) online link
- TSSPDCL application form Link Or TSNPDCL application form Link
- Southern Power Distribution Company of Telangana Ltd.
(A Govt. of Telangana Undertaking – TSSPDCL)
Corporate Office: # 6-1-50, Mint Compound,
Phone: +91 9849166395
e-mail: [email protected]
Contacts link : TSSPDCL contact information link
- NORTHERN POWER DISTRIBUTION COMPANY OF TELANGANA LIMITED (TSNPDCL).
H.No: 2-5-31/2, Corporate Office, Vidyut Bhavan,
Phone: +91 9440811252 / 18004250028 (or) 1912
Fax:+91 0870 – 2453387
e-mail : [email protected]
Contacts link : TSNPDCL contact information link
You are good to go. Now the bill will be in your name!!!!. Image Credit: guardian.co.uk