Introduction to Essential Things To Pack While Travelling
Packing for a summer beach holiday can be a hassle if you don’t know what to take. Most people underestimate what they’ll need due to the favorable weather and spend more money than anticipated.
Fortunately, with this ultimate summer beach holiday packing list, you won’t be leaving anything you need behind. So get your suitcase ready, and let’s jump right in.
Top 5 Things to Pack for Your Summer Beach Holiday
You don’t need to be a summer beach holiday aficionado to know that there are certain must-have items when you intend to spend your vacation at the beach. For instance, you can’t afford to leave your swimsuit or sunscreen.
However, these aren’t the only things you’ll need to carry to enjoy your trip and avoid last-minute surprises. If you’re not sure what to pack, the following list will prove invaluable.
1. Weather-Friendly Clothing and Accessories
The first thing that comes to mind when most people are packing for a beach holiday is beachwear. Sure, you’re not going to have a lot of fun if you don’t have comfortable swimsuits and beach wraps to enjoy the water and time on the sand.
But if you fill your suitcase with beachwear only, you may end up spending money on clothing for other activities. Therefore, as you fill your luggage with the much-needed beach attire, consider adding the following items.
- Beach wrap
- Beach bag
- Workout clothes
2. Shoes for Different Activities
If you’re planning to vacation for several days or weeks, there’s a high chance you’re not going to spend your entire vacation on the beach. Chances are you’ll go sightseeing in the city and engage in different fun activities.
And if you’re a fitness enthusiast, you may also work out from time to time to stay in shape while vacationing. For this reason, it’s crucial to have the right pair of shoes for every activity.
Some of the must-have shoes on a summer beach holiday tip include:
- Water shoes: Most beaches have rocks and corals on the beach, which can easily get into your shoes. Water shoes not only keep your feet dry but also protect them from these foreign objects.
- Sandals: These are perfect for strolls around the city and light hiking.
- Flip flops: These are a must-have if you plan to spend a lot of time on the beach. They’re easy to put on and take off and provide a barrier between your feet and the sand, which may have sharp rocks.
The last thing you need is to cut into your vacation plans to grab something you left behind. Running off to Crystal Head Vodka is understandable, but not to buy something you already have at home.
This mostly happens with toiletries because they’re a lot of things you need to carry. From personal hygiene items to medical kits, the list is endless.
And if you’re packing at the last minute, you’re more likely to forget a toothbrush, tweezers, floss, and other small items.
But not with this list. Check off the following items on your list, and you’ll be good to go throughout your vacation.
- Hair accessories: Bobby pins, hair ties, brushes, and combs.
- Grooming items: razors, mirror, tweezers, toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, deodorant, shower gel, loofah, body soap, tampons, pads
- Skincare items: Cleanser, toner, moisturizer, lip balm, sunscreen, cotton rounds
- Medical kit: Bandages, birth control pills, pain relievers, contacts, glasses, and other essential first-aid items.
- Other essential items: Nail polish, shampoo, conditioner, and nail file.
The number of items you decide to carry on your summer beach holiday will determine the amount of luggage you’ll need.
However, since you’ll be spending most of your time on the beach, you won’t need to pack many actual clothes.
Therefore, you can get away with traveling light. Besides, no one wants to be dragging a ton of luggage at the airport for no reason. It’s not only tiring but may also attract additional luggage costs.
For a summer beach holiday, you should be good to go with only the following bags:
- Duffle bag: Since you don’t need a lot of clothing, a duffel bag is a better option for a summer beach holiday. It’s lightweight, versatile, and holds a lot of items compared to a rigid suitcase.
- Carry on: This bag will come in handy when you need to carry a few items you’ll need at the beach or for a stroll around town.
- Wheeled bag: If you intend to do a lot of walking while on vacation, a wheeled bag will prove more convenient since you won’t have to carry it.
Further visit: 10 Informative Travel Tips For Adventure Lovers
5. Miscellaneous Travel Essentials
Packing for a vacation is downright stressful. Just when you think you have everything you need for the trip, you get to the airport and realize you left your passport on the kitchen counter. It happens.
That’s why we decided to include this miscellaneous list to ensure you don’t forget even the most obvious item. Some of the common items people forget to pack when going on holiday include:
- Boarding pass
- Credit cards
- iPads and PCs
- Phone charger
- Emergency contacts
- Insurance cards
- Suitcase locks
There you have it; a comprehensive list of items to pack for your summer beach holiday. We suggest laying out everything on this list in one place and checking each item off the list as you add it to your luggage.
This way, you won’t leave anything behind, thinking you already packed it. For toiletries, it’s best to pack them all in one bag because you’re probably going to use them before heading to the airport.
After using an item, return it inside the bag. On your day of departure, all you’ll need to do is to grab the bag and be on your way.