Introduce to Everything You Need to Know About Alopecia
Everything You Need to Know About Alopecia, Hair is nothing but dead cells. Hair growth is possible because of blood vessels that feed the hair’s roots to keep them growing. When the hair reaches the surface it contains dead cells.
They are made up of a tough protein called keratin. The follicle helps to place each hair on the skin. The base of the hair follicle is called a hair bulb.
The hair bulb contains living blood cells that split up and grow as the hair shaft, when it reaches the surface of the skin the living cells are no longer alive they are dead cells now. The follicle contains cellular material rich in DNA.
People pull out hair to take the DNA test. However, broken hair does not contain any DNA. Hair was developed as a means of protection. They are meant to warm and cool the body from time to time.
It also provides protection from ultraviolet radiation. The hair on the other body part’s functions is debatable.
A lot of people face hair fall these days. A normal amount of hair fall is common but a few people experience severe hair and tend to even go bald due to it. This type of severe hair fall is also known as alopecia areata.
This condition is when there is a bald patch or overlapping of these patches on the head. There are many clinics that provide treatment for alopecia areata. In India, the Alopecia areata treatment in Pune is very famous.
Alopecia areata treatment in Pune provides facilities like hair transplant and stuff. Alopecia areata is not contagious nor does it make anyone fall sick but it causes emotional damage to the people who are dealing with it.
There are various types of alopecia:
- Androgenic alopecia
- Alopecia areata
- Alopecia Universalis
- Alopecia totalis
- Traction alopecia
Everything You Need to Know About Alopecia , Alopecia will definitely seem difficult to handle or to take care of but if you take proper care and maintain your hair properly you might eliminate this.
It’s definitely true that a weak immune system is a major cause for hair fall but if taken care even the weak immune system might turn into a strong immune system.
People often say that hair fall is a genetic issue and it cannot be changed, well half of it is true and half isn’t. It is true that often hair fall is caused by genes but it isn’t true that one cannot change that.
It can definitely be changed by taking good care of the hair by applying oil on a regular basis, by washing the hair on a regular basis, by avoiding alcohol and smoking, and by avoiding hair damaging products which generate heat.
read more: guide-to-a-healthy-heart
Facts about alopecia:
- People who have alopecia generally have it because a family member might have a history with the same.
- Alopecia usually occurs suddenly, like say in a few days.
- According to scientific research, there is a huge possibility that alopecia is caused due to stress.
- Alopecia areata is not curable.
Causes for alopecia areata:
- This condition occurs when the white blood cells attack the living cells in the hair follicle which further decreases hair productivity. This generally happens when someone has a weak immune system.
- Another cause for alopecia areata is genetics. Any person affected by alopecia areata has a close family member who has a history of the same.
- According to scientists, the main cause of alopecia areata is stress. This usually occurs amongst elderly people who deal with a lot of stress.
Everything You Need to Know About Alopecia , Many people rub onion, ginger oil on their scalp for hair growth. Some people try acupuncture and ayurvedic therapies. Homeopathy also provides treatment for alopecia areata.
The most common symptoms of alopecia areata are bald patches and coin-sized patches. Hair begins to fall out from the scalp. This often happens suddenly, say in a few days.
Any part of the body that has hair growth can be affected including eyelashes and a beard. Once the follicle subsides there are chances for the hair to grow back.
People who do not have many bald patches might regain their hair spontaneously without even taking any treatment for their issue.
People suffer emotionally because of alopecia areata. Many of them get depressed because of it. Alopecia areata doesn’t only affect hair growth but also affects our fingernails and toenails.
Symptoms of alopecia areata on nails:
- Dents appear on the pinpoint
- White spots and lines appear on the nails
- The nails become rough than usual
- The nails don’t shine as it loses its shine
- The nails become very thin and delicate and break or split up.