Introduction to Facts to Know Before Visiting Goa
India is one of the best countries to visit as it has many attractions, monuments, beaches, hills, etc., which lures travelers and tourists to visit.
Not only places, but you can explore different kinds of delicacies, cultures, and traditions, languages, etc. These things attract many tourists from all over the world. Many places in India have forts, museums, monuments, etc., which have a great history behind it.
Among all the places, Goa is one the most visited place by tourists because of its beautiful beaches, amazing nightlife, mouth-watering seafood, and some sacred sites.
Goa is placed in the southwest coastal region of India and it is one of the smallest states of India but undoubtedly the richest and literal one among all.
It attracts both domestic and international tourists every year. Goa includes a mix of religions which includes Christians, Catholics, Hindus, and Muslims, living together with peace and harmony. There are many reasons why Goa is famous and some of them are listed below:
- Beautiful beaches- There are many beaches in Goa and every beach is unique on its own. You will find a new beach every few minutes of traveling. Goa is basically known for its beaches and the vibe it carries. Fresh air on the beach sides makes everyone stay for as long as they could.
- Carnival- Goa carries Portuguese heritage, so every February the Catholics celebrate with full enthusiasm. They dress up in their traditional clothes and perform their folk dance with amazing food and beverages.
- Churches- Goa has many Christians and Catholic people, so there are many old churches. Every December, there is a festive season due to Christmas. People dance, decorate their houses, sing carols, exchange gifts, and much more. If you love Christmas, then yes, it is best to visit Goa in December. It is very crowded but worth-visiting.
- Adventures- As Goa is full of beaches, it is obvious that there are some water activities such as scuba diving, boat riding, snorkeling, etc. It also has paragliding, so you can enjoy if you are daring enough.
- Cashew nuts- Goa has the best quality cashew nuts all over India at very fewer prices. They have a very unique variety of cashew nuts. The tourists always prefer to buy cashews when visiting Goa. Goa is also famous for Goa sausage and liquor Feni, which is a drink enjoyed by everyone with lime.
- Wildlife sanctuaries- Goa has a large amount of greenery, which means there are many wildlife sanctuaries likeCotigao, Bondla, You will find Indian Bison to sambhar deer to a giant squirrel. Some of the sanctuaries also offer night tours for the best views.
- Parties- Goa is famous for its amazing nightlife and parties. Trance parties, disco nights, headphone parties are very famous and common.
- Seafood- Among all the seafood, Goa has a variety of fish and everyone tries it when they visit Goa.
- Casinos- You can attempt your luck on these cruise casinos. They provide all the luxuries like gaming, food, music, and drinks and this is the best way to spend time in Goa if interested in gambling. Popular cruises are DeltinCasino and Casino Pride.
- Shopping streets- You will find everything on the street market of Goa. It ranges from clothes, food, Indian spices, home décor articles, handicrafts, and much more. They are very affordable, and it turns out to be the best when you are good at bargaining.
- Bike rentals- The best way to explore Goa is on two wheels. Bikes are easily available in Goa and you can ride it for the whole day. You can easily explore all the tiny places by yourself and enjoy. These are not expensive also. You can hire a bike and go around to visit places.
- Dolphins- If you are a dolphin lover, this is the reason for you. While doing a banana boat, you can see many dolphins coming out of the water playing with you. And the best thing is it is not expensive at all. For dolphin spotting, Candolim beach is quite famous.
Above are all the reasons to visit Goa. The list is never-ending as Goa has many more things to see and explore. You will get to see many forts and monuments as well as having a great history behind them.
Further visit: 7 Best Things To Do In Goa
Also, while visiting Goa, keep the following tips in your mind:
- Weather- The best weather to visit Goa is between November to February. The temperature will range from 20-25 degrees Celsius, which is considered best to chill at the beach.
- Peak season- If you love Christmas and its vibe. December is the best month to visit. During this month, many tourists visit Goa to celebrate and enjoy the festivals together. Also, many prefer to come in January due to New Year.
- Language- Konkani is the official language of Goa followed by English, Hindi, Portuguese, and Kannada, etc.
- Culture- Goa has a mix of religions such as Hindus, Catholics, and Muslims. Also, the culture of Goa is a mix of Portuguese and Indian culture. Goa was under Portuguese influence long ago, so a bit of Portuguese culture is also seen.
- Hotels- Goa has plenty of luxurious hotels offering amazing amenities. You can also book villas in Goa if you are going with family or as a couple. You can search online to get amazing deals and offers. It is advised to book your hotels in advance to avoid last-minute disappointments.
- How to travel- Goa is directly connected with other cities and states. So you can easily reach Goa via Mumbai, New Delhi, Bangalore, Pune, Hyderabad, Chennai, and Jaipur. Not only flights but you can visit by bus or by taxi as well.
So above are some tips which will help you to plan a vacation to Goa. Always make sure to look and study about the place on the internet on any trusted online website. Make a list of all the places you want to visit. It will make it easy for you to explore the place.