- 1 Introduction to Google Chrome Tricks and Tips
- 2 Summing Up
Introduction to Google Chrome Tricks and Tips
Google chrome is a popular web browser for both android and windows i.e. for Pc. The irony is that one only uses Internet explorer which is now Microsoft edge to download and install Google chrome on the computer.
In Android phones, google chrome as it is a google product, comes pre-installed. As Google Chrome widely uses and developers keep on working on the software, there are many features that are actually useful for the users but very few of them are aware of it.
In meantime, you can check the article on youtube comment formatting which will help you to comment italics in youtube comments
Today in this article, we are going to be some Google chrome tricks which will be helpful for you and will make your experience while surfing the internet more smooth. So without wasting more time, let’s jump into the Google chrome tricks and hacks.
Google chrome tricks – Google chrome tricks 2020
Google Chrome apps
Google Chrome apps – We all have some websites that are our favorite and we use to check them very often. To open google chrome browser just to open that website can be a lengthy process.
In this case, the Google Apps feature is useful. Google apps are nothing but it will create a shortcut of your favorite and by doing that you don’t need to open google chrome and type website address. You can just click on the Google apps created by you and the website will be open in Google chrome.
Steps to create Google chrome apps
- Firstly open the Google Chrome browser and open the website of whom you want to create a shortcut
- Now click on the three-dot button (Placed at the top right corner)
- Now hover to More tools and then click to create a shortcut.
- Now name it as you like and shortcut it creates on the desktop.
In this way, you can create a Shortcut to the website. You can not only use this feature in the computer, but also on android device.
Steps to create chrome shortcut in android phone.
- Google chrome android also allows you to use this feature on an android phone.
- Open Chrome in android followed by the website that you want to save on the homepage.
- Tap on the three-dot menu and then tap on the “Add to Home screen” option.
- Write the name by which you want to save the website on the Home screen and hit ok.
View Two Chrome Tabs At Once on Mobile
When you want to compare two tabs in chrome then you find it difficult as you need to switch between the tabs. Not only with tabs but if you want to compare any document with any website, you find it difficult as you constantly need to switch tab between Google chrome and the document.
In this case, we are going to know how to View Two Chrome Tabs At Once on Mobile. If you are an android user then do check – how to download paid apps for free
We know split-screen mode which is available in almost all android phones. We are going to use the split-screen feature to view two chrome tab at one. Follow the below step
- Firstly open Google chrome followed by the two websites that you want to open at once
- Now use split-screen which will open chrome in half of the screen. (In Asus max pro-m1 long-press multitasking button)
- Now tap on the three-dot button on the Google Chrome tab and tap on move to another window.
- And you are done..!! You had successfully opened two Chrome tabs at once.
3. Custom Homepage – Open Specific Tabs When opening Chrome
If you open the Google chrome default page or we can say the opening page of Google chrome is simple where you see a simple Google search bar.
This you can customize easily and set a specific page to open as you launch Google chrome. Not only one page, but you can also open multiple pages in Google chrome.
Step to set up an open specific page on launching Chrome
- Firstly open Google chrome browser and
- Click on the three-dot button (Placed at the top right corner)
- Now click on the setting button and select the Default browser option from the menu on the left side.
- Below on the startup menu, select Open a specific page or set of pages and then click on Add a new page.
- Enter the URL that you want to open on startup of chrome. You can add multiple website URL to open multiple tabs
- And you are done..!!
While using Chrome, it is often noticed that we are not working on anyone’s Google chrome tab. A student who is referring can relate to this as they open various websites to study on the subject.
One had noticed when you open several tabs in Google chrome, your main webpage becomes hard to find in presence of another tab. In that case, the pin tab feature is helpful. One can pin the tab that you want to make always accessible.
Steps to pin tabs in Google chrome
- Open the website that you want to pin
- Right-click on the tab and select the pin tab
In this way, you can pin a tab in Google chrome which is really helpful in google chrome tricks secrets.
Open recently closed tabs in chrome
Sometimes we accidentally close the chrome tab which was not supposed to close. In that can we need to research the website or need to open Google chrome history and open that page which is a kind of lengthy process.
To save you from this condition, we will show you a shortcut key which will help you to open recently closed tabs in chrome.
- As you close a tab on chrome accidentally, You can also use a keyboard shortcut key: CTRL + Shift + T on a Windows PC or Command + Shift + T on a Mac.
- These will reopen the closed tab
This was the article on cool Google chrome tricks or we can say google chrome tips and tricks which will helps you to use google chrome easily.
Use these tricks in google chrome and do comment down your favorite one with us. If you know some more then share with us as well as others by commenting down.