There are several approaches in the market to generate your script and the framework implementation. But we need to think a manner where script development time ,script maintenance time becomes less.Most importantly we need to find an approach where the execution time is also become less.
|What is the importance of downing the execution time?|
Well, i am inspired by a philosophy that automation test engineers should not loose time by executing test script. All the test script should be configured once and should be able to run unmanned manner. More over these scripts will run in a computer assisted environment. Computer is not that intelligent as we are.If you insert enough intelligence into script it might slow down the process and on the other side intelligence is less..there is a chance that script will error out. So what is the best approaches to automate your script that will serve long without issue is a question.
Please read here for the best Approach for automation.
File Structure and size:
Once you finalized your approaches the next important aspect is the component development. Yes the most important component of any framework is File.
Now what ever framework we develop ,the structure always resides inside the Hard disk.Even if we came up with high speed data bus,high speed data transfer mechanism,during execution it is seen the number of files ,structure and file size slow down the process.
- if the file size is very less that means we need to incorporate a lot of files….. the seek and latency time goes high
- if the file size is high that means we are including every thing inside one library and seek time becomes high.
try to write same functions into a file but do not club all the function into a single file.
- Number of files which will be loaded first (like-common functions –common to the entire flow..needs to be called almost every steps, path library) should be less 2/3.
- library specific to a module will be loaded dynamically and will be released after use.
- Garbage collector should be called after dropping one file . it depends on the scenario to scenario.
- More over any point of time the files are handled can not exceed 3/4.
- Try using lightweight HTML reporting instead of Excel Reporting.(excel-2000 and above takes heavy space in RAM….it is always greater than 2 MB.
- Using of CSV as a input file is the best approach. One more best approach is to use XML.