Examples of events could be:
A mouse click
A web page or an image loading
Mousing over a hot spot on the web page
Selecting an input box in an HTML form
Submitting an HTML form
Please refer http://www.w3schools.com/js/js_events.asp this for more event information.
Now to capture the web events more smoothly QTP has given the below option to the user….
Enable the ondblclick event in the Web Event Recording Configuration
To enable special event handling, use the Web Event Recording Configuration utility.
1. Go to Tools -> Web Event Recording Configuration.
2. Click .
3. Expand the Standard Objects branch.
4. Select the object you want to configure.
5. Go to Event -> Add -> ondblclick. The event will be added to the list on the right.
6. Select “If Handler” in the Listen column.
7. Select “Enabled” in the Record column.