Seat belts are provided in all kinds of vehicles for your protection. Nobody is likely to put on a benefit from them except you. Therefore, always wear your seat belt the fact that driving quickly cause you more fuel and create more tension. A good driver drives neither too quick nor too slow.This is another how to drive in safe mode.
If you are travelling with kids, never leave them in the backseat. Do not also allow them to climb on the car. Always bucked them with seat belt.This is another how to drive in safe mode.
Follows traffic rules
How to Drive Safely in Indian Road talks about abide by the traffic rules.General advise following the traffic rules and traffic signals. Apart from these, you must be known as not always the street signs and rules show us the best route or guide. Therefore, not always the street signs and rules which you follow will be able to ensure your safety. While driving on a road, focus on the signs for animals heading out. This is another how to drive in safe mode.
Prepare your Car
Your vehicle ought to also be in perfect condition as well. Proper tire pressure, braking system, lights, and emergency flashers all need to be in good working conditions. This is another how to drive in safe mode.
Common advice in all the roads
- As per times of India, 90% of accidents happen in India when we over speed. So Overspeeding is not an option in the Indian road. Prepare to plan early and travel smoothly.
- Driving under the influence of Alchohol is the second largest reason for accidents in India. Avoid the same.
- Blind curves the third death traps in Indian roads. Even tough State governments put up a signboard in most of the roads. But we need to be careful while crossing blind curves.
- Uncontrolled overtakes causes accidents too on the highway. I am not against overtaking a slow moving vehicle, but we need to overtake when we can see the next path clear under sunlight or headlamp.
- Use the upper beam of the headlamp judiciously. Driving always on the upper beam may illuminate the road but may blind the oncoming traffic. It may also cause accidents.
- Lock the car and wear seat belt, think of think of your safety fast.
- Avoid any altercation with other driver. The sudden adrenaline rush does not make you cool.
- Always be on you speed limit or maintain the road speed limit. This will not only make you safe but also you will not be penalized by road safety cameras in terms of fine.
- While on long drive, you need to have at least two alternative escape routes ready with you. These will come handy is the regular route is blocked due to any circumstances.
- Do not drive other’s vehicle if you have never driven that car before. Being a car owner, we should also not give our car to a new person who is not a regular driver of the car we own. Do not put your life to other persons hand. Do not take risk!!This is how to drive safe on highway or how to drive car in india.
- If you are a motorist, do not go suddenly to the middle of the road. Do not drive crazy.
- Do not follow if four wheeler or a truck. They tend to avoid potholes in between of their wheels. This pothole come directly to you.This is how to drive safe on highway or how to drive car in india.
- Always maintain a gap of minimum 30 feet to avoid any sudden brake or potholes.
- Adjust your seat, mirror,AC and music system before you start journey.This is how to drive safe on highway or how to drive car in india.
- Always use indicator beforehand while changing lanes or if you are going down from main road.This is how to drive safe on highway or how to drive car in india.
- Always stop if police is asking you to stop. Co-operate with them to avoid any penalty.
- Never leave your kids in the car unattended in case you are travelling with kids.
Are you feeling tired during driving? Feeling sleepy? Or you drowsy? Avoid driving in these conditions at any cost. Put water on your face. Place the AC vents directly towards you. If you still do not feel good. Stop. Take out the road plan. Check for the safety area to stop and take a power nap. This is another how to drive in safe mode.
How to Drive Safely in Indian Road is against the Drowsy driving. I mean to drive safe avoid drowsiness.This is another how to drive in safe mode.
You are far from a safety spot, you can try chewing something( I prefer normal pan)or chilly or lemon. This will surely keep you to go near the safety point.
Once reached take a power nap of 1 to 2 hours.This is how to drive safe on highway or how to drive car in india.
This circumstance can be avoided if you plan to adjust your body clock, understand when you are pick at your energy and when you are low on energy. Plan your trip accordingly.
Power of power nap
The best setting for long drive
I customized it as per my need.You can do as per yours.There should be a bed,a battery operated fan to cool you,while you take power nap.How to Drive Safely in Indian Road should also have this tool.This is how to drive safe on highway or how to drive car in india.
power nap is great while you are on long drive. We must take advantage of this tool. This does not delay our schedule to a great extent but provides a great energy to drive. Do not push your limit on Drowsy condition.This is another how to drive in safe mode.
Best Place to Stop
This section can be divided into two parts. The stoppage at daylight and stoppage during night travel.This is another how to drive in safe mode.
Best Places to stop at day time
Day time is the best while traveling with family and ladies. Broad daylight reduces robbery and snatching. Be careful about the road though. Since during day time all shops are opened, Google app can help you to find the best place to help. You can inquire about the hotels, their services etc. Decide and stop where you feel like good.This is another how to drive in safe mode.
Best places to stop at night time
How to Drive Safely in Indian Road should cover this point as well.While day time provides adequate sunlight, but it also attracts natural speed breakers like cycle, cows, dogs etc. Night travel is a breeze in that aspect. 90% of my travel happened at night time. At night we have to be extra careful about the Volvos, trucks and sudden turns. While Google can help you to find a hotel and reviews, I urge you to be extra careful here too.This is another how to drive in safe mode.
- I generally prefer to stop at the toll booths. They have securities and pay to use toilets. I generally take rest in these areas.This is how to drive safe on highway or how to drive car in india.
- Second best spots are the big outlets like CCDs, KFCs etc. they are generally attached to a petrol bunk.This is how to drive safe on highway or how to drive car in india.
- The third alternative could be the petrol bunk itself. Take permission from them to spot your car. Park it and use their facilities.This is how to drive safe on highway or how to drive car in india.
- While choosing hotels, I am a bit skeptical. Definitely, I see Google about what other visitors are speaking about the hotel. Then I see the surroundings. If there are other cars stopping by like a Volvo or state bus, I must venture. Otherwise, If I see only people are around, I avoid the place. check out my Medak trip.This is how to drive safe on highway or how to drive car in india.
- In the same note, please do not stop to an isolated tea shop or a hotel during the night.
- Carry enough dry food, water, and tea with you.This is how to drive safe on highway or how to drive car in india.
Emergency Kit what you must have
Your emergency kitty should have(This is another how to drive in safe mode.)
- Emergency contact number
- Cars emergency makers contact number.
- Touring vans number
- Blood group details
- Authorized service center number
- police station number of the area you are traveling( ask Google)
How to Drive Safely in Indian Road is not only driving but also the accessories we are putting to safe guard ourselves. This is another how to drive in safe mode.
What to do if you met with an accident?
Just after an accident, try to be calm. Check if you and other passengers are safe. Try to call local police for road safety team. If the accident is fatal try to call ambulance.
After the accident do not leave the car. Stay inside(it is applicable if the car is still in shape to be seated). This is another how to drive in safe mode.Try to calm yourself.