This page is for fun. I am writing this page so that freshers as well as seniors can think logically.I don’t think freshers need to panic during 1st round of interview –the written test where the puzzle use to puzzle them.Everybody if we try to solve 5 puzzles per day and 60 days of preparation is taken, that is more than enough to crack an interview.
Lets talk about Puzzle
- Dad, where had you been?” asked Warren. “I had been to the attic, my son,” replied Dad. “And do you know what I saw there? There was a big web with 12 spiders and flies on it.” “How many spiders were there?” asked the little boy with curiosity. “Well, there were a total of 84 legs on the web,” answered Dad with a smile. “Now you can find out how many spiders were there by yourself. Can’t you?” Can you help the little boy find out how many spiders were on the web in the attic?
say there were x no of spiders and y number of flies
and 8x+2y=84(Spider has 8 legs and flies have 2)
solving these two equation we get x=10 and y=2
so there were 10 spiders and 2 flies.
- At 6’o a clock ticks 6 times. The time between first and last ticks is 30 seconds. How long does it tick at 12’o clock.
from the first tick to last ticks the actual interval is 6-1=5 times
So time taken for each interval =30/5=6sec
for 12 also from the first tick to last ticks the actual interval is 12-1=11 times
so total time taken=11*6=66 seconds
- There N stations on a railroad.After adding X stations on the rail route 46 additional tickets have to be printed. Find N and X.
Let initially, N(N-1) = t
After adding, (N+X)(N+X-1) = t+46
By trail and error method x=2 and N=11
- A chain is broken into three pieces of equal lenths containing 3 links each. It is taken to a backsmith to join into a single continuous one . How many links are to to be opened to make it ?
only 2 000—000—000 so first and last chain needs to be opened to join with middle one
- A man and his son are in a car accident. The father dies on the scene, but the child is rushed to the hospital. When he arrives the surgeon says, “I can’t operate on this boy, he is my son!”
How can this be?
The surgeon was his mother.
Somebody in the forum gave the below reply also ….the doctor could be the boy’s biological father, and the man in the car could be the step or legal father.
Puzzle source-software_jobs yahoo groups