Introduction to Incontinence Products For Adults
Urinary incontinence results from a weak or lost urinary sphincter caused by age, surgery, pregnancy, or other medical condition.
If you’re a victim for whichever reason, you can bring it under control and live a normal and fulfilling life by using incontinence products.
These products offer discreet protection from leakage. Here are seven amazing types of incontinence products that you may want to try out.
Manufacturers of liners target adults who suffer from light incontinence. They vary in crucial factors such as length, levels of absorbency, as well as thickness. Modern liners are keen on the stability factor.
You need to have protective underwear to help hold it in place. Incontinence liners work almost the same way as pads do. The only difference is that they are thinner and lighter.
One benefit you are set to enjoy is that they are waterproof. This means they prevent embarrassing leakage episodes in case you stay with them for longer hours. What’s more, they hold as much liquid in and keep the pungent urine odors at bay.
Absorption of urine ensures that your skin stays dry, preventing infections and irritation.
Incontinence pads come in a wide array of sizes to accommodate all who need them. They give protection against excessive wetness from urine leakage. You can fit them into your daily routine as they assure wearers of unmatched comfort and confidence.
They have absorbent features that keep your skin dry and free from excessive moisture. When shopping for incontinence pads, here are guiding factors that will lead you to quality products:
- Reasonable length – A longer pad equals longer hours of use due to their higher levels of absorbency. Inconsistency pads with significant lengths are sure to give you lasting peace of mind.
- The purpose – If you’re looking for incontinence pads that will see you through a long night, consider the absorbency levels. The ones with higher levels of absorbency will protect you from leakages and moisture. On the other hand, low absorbency incontinence pads are for your daily routines and activities. Manufacturers always keep in mind that occasional lighter leaks only require lighter absorbency packages.
- It can contain smell – Quality inconsistency pads can lock up the irritating odor that comes with constant urine leakage. Check out the reviews online for a better shopping experience.
- Utmost discretion – Go for pads that enable you to wear anything you want without having to worry about them being visible to the whole world.
- Unmatched comfort – Don’t compromise your comfort and well-being for low-quality pads
3. Adult Diapers
These may be some of the most preferred incontinence products due to their versatile nature. Adult diapers have earned the trust and confidence of adults of all ages for various reasons, including:
- Designers use breathable fabric during the manufacturing process – The wearers can rest easy and enjoy maximum relief from the effect of loose bladders.
- They are easy to use – Adults only have to familiarize themselves with the basics such as how to wear and take them off. They also have to know when to take them off and replace them with fresh ones.
- They last for longer hours – Just one diaper can go for as long as five or even twelve hours. Wearers can enjoy their freedom without worrying so much about untimely leakages.
- They are highly effective when it comes to the soaking up of fluid discharge. Quality adult diapers will account for every drop of urine and leave no chances of leakage.
- They accommodate adults of all ages – Since incontinence knows no bounds, manufacturers are keen on letting all affected adults enjoy the safety and discretion of diapers.
4. Incontinence Guards
They target men and have features that cater to their incontinence needs. Buying incontinence guards for men is not as easy as it may seem. Here are guiding features to help you choose the right ones:
- It’s shaped to give comfort to the man’s manhood and protect from involuntary urine leaks.
- It contains a padded feature shaped like a cup to offer closeness to the man’s body. This will leave no room for embarrassing streams of urine running down the feet.
- Fitted with strong adhesives to ensure that the guard stays in place rather than move from side to side. Avoid wearing it only when you have a pair of boxer shorts on. Instead, wear briefs to ensure immobility.
- Their convenient leak barriers lock the odors in and keep the wearers fresh all through. They also offer protection in the event of intense activities such as workouts.
5. Protective Underwear
As the name suggests, this is an incontinence product with all the general features of regular underwear. Users mostly refer to it as ‘pull-ups’ because of its easy and convenient handling.
One of its most attractive features is that it has elastics that hold it in place. If you’re looking to try them out for the first time, here’s what you should look out for.
- Retention capacity and liquid absorption – Enhanced technology have played a significant role in ensuring that your skin remains dry even when wearing protective undergarment for long hours.
- Advanced leak-proof features – Avoid depending on older incontinence products as most of them are not sophisticated enough to handle a weak sphincter.
- Control of bacterial growth – Little to no urine absorbency makes it more conducive for bacteria to multiply. Get protective underwear with high-performance features that will inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Elimination of odor – Low-quality incontinence products is notorious for lack of this vital feature. Frequent urine odors lower the self-esteem of most adults, leading to mental distress.
6. Belted Shields
Their uniqueness enables them to provide security around the areas that are affected by leakage of urine. As the name suggests, this product is made with belts to make the wearer feel more secure.
Some modern belted shields have the button feature to promote durability. Some adults prefer them due to their feeling of lightness, which encourages a sense of comfort.
Further visit: 11 Impressive Health Benefits of Passion Fruit
Adjustability is also another feature that attracts the attention of diaper-wearing adults. You can adjust the belt to the size of your waist and go about your daily business.
Underpads are not wearable, as are all other incontinence products. This incontinence product offers protection to beds and different types of furniture. They are multifunctional and also portable in case of an impromptu trip.
Finding the right incontinence products that fit your needs may not be easy, but staying dry becomes much easier once you get your match.