- 1 Introduction to Instacart Clone App
- 1.1 What is an online grocery app?
- 1.2 Statistics of the online grocery app:
- 1.3 Impact of online grocery shopping in the pandemic:
- 1.4 Business models:
- 1.5 Revenue stream:
- 1.6 Features:
- 1.7 Development of the app:
- 1.8 Incorporating features in a white-labeled solution:
- 2 Conclusion:
Introduction to Instacart Clone App
Technology has offered people more comfortable than we would have thought, due to the apps like on-demand grocery delivery apps.
How tedious, draining, and time-consuming had the grocery shopping been before but it is stark opposite now. All thanks to these apps that deliver the groceries at the doorstep.
What is an online grocery app?
Just like the name suggests, the online grocery app can be used for the users to get their groceries at their doorstep in just a few taps.
This is not something new. But what is surprising is that it has now been digitized letting almost anyone avail of the service.
On the whole, the app is just like any other on-demand service apps.
By looking at this blog, you’ll get to know how the online grocery business has made a huge impact in the business world and how you could become one of the successful entrepreneurs if you have this app by your side.
Statistics of the online grocery app:
- In the first half of March 2020, there had been 200 percent growth in the downloads of the Instacart app, according to Statista.
- More than 65% of the customers prefer to shop the groceries online than from the physical store.
- 5% of the customers shop groceries online once or twice a month.
- More than 66% of the customers have said that free or low-cost delivery services are important to them in online grocery shopping.
Impact of online grocery shopping in the pandemic:
Consumer habits have changed since the start of the pandemic. There is a boost of online grocery buyers by 25% globally.
By the end of April 2020, the grocery market’s share has increased by 12.4% in countries like Spain, France, and China.
This means that there are more and more retailers who have offered digital delivery options to attain a strong customer base and also to make their business sales hike.
There are two main on-demand delivery business models for a grocery delivery app:
- The services that deliver the products from only their store
- The services that deliver products from a list of stores
While apps like Walmart follow the first category, apps like Costco and Instacart follow the second model.
By the second model, you would be able to partner with the stores and get access to their inventories. The data can then be stored in your app. People would then be able to browse the products from your application.
While we may see or talk about a lot of statistics, models, and many more, there is one big question mark about the profit of the grocery shopping app. It is natural too. That’s why we are going to look into the aspects of how to earn money from the app.
- Charge fees for every service provided: You can add an amount that is a little higher than the actual price. But try to keep that updated to appear honest and transparent.
- Charge for every delivery: This is the common monetization model, where you could charge for every delivery made. Keeping a base rate, you could also charge depending on the distance.
- Advertisements: You can charge for every ad posted in your app. These cover up most of the expenses in the app charging only a small amount from the customers making them delighted.
- Charge from stores: You could charge from the retailers or stores who would like to be partnered with your app. They can pay you every month to also get featured on your platform. The stores will also get recognition and their visibility will increase among customers. It’s a win-win situation.
Since it is an on-demand platform, there are two different apps and an admin panel. The features would be different for each one of them. Let’s take a look at it.
- Cart page
- Order status
- Order history
- Push notifications
- List of orders
- Data of the customer
- List of stores
Development of the app:
The development can be done either by ground or by incorporating features in a white-labeled solution.
Developing the app from the ground:
It takes a lot of time, effort, and money. You would need an efficient team of developers to make your app become a reality.
But before that planning is important. You must convey your plans to the developers to make them understand the essence you expect to be present in your app.
Incorporating features in a white-labeled solution:
By contacting some expert developers, you could get the grocery clone app solution which is readily integrable with some unique features you would like to add. The script is customizable and the designs, themes can be modified.
You have the secret tips to success laid out here. So don’t sit waiting for the spark. Because the right time is now!