Introduction to Majestic Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer in Rajasthan is one of the most beautiful and famous cities that hosts thousands of tourists from all across the globe. Often called by its nickname “the Golden City” Jaisalmer has always been appreciated for its beautiful golden deserts. The unique feature of the city is the sculptured sandstone of which the houses and forts are made of. Located in the heart of the Thar Desert, there are several attractions in Jaisalmer that you can take a tour of.
Tourist attractions in Jaisalmer:
- Jaisalmer Fort: This is one of the largest forts in the whole world. Perched at the Tirukuta Hill, the fort was built by Rao Jaisal. The fort is also called the Living Fort or Golden Fort. The fort witnessed several battles, and yet looks beautiful. When you are in Jaisalmer, a visit to Jaisalmer Fort is a must.
- Sam Sand Dunes: Sam Sand Dunes is one of the main attractions in Jaisalmer where you can see 30-60 m tall sand dunes. You can actually enjoy one of a kind experience of Jeep Safari or Camel Safari in the desert. If you visit the place in the evening hours, you can enjoy the gorgeous view of the sunset.
- Patwon ki Haveli: This is no less than a treat to the history buffs. Built in the 19th century, there are five havelis in one premise and it is called Patwon ki Haveli. From the architecture to the furniture work, from the huge collection of paintings to the mirror work, everything is unique here.
- Bada Bagh: Greenery in the desert is a rare sight. Well, the rulers put their highest effort to make the sprawling garden, which is now called Bada Bagh. The source of water for this garden is the man-made dam. The tombstones within the premises of the garden are something to witness as some of them are as old as the city.
- Salim Singh ki Haveli: Dating back to the 18th century, this is one of the oldest havelis in Jaisalmer, which used to be the residence of the Mehta family. The intricate work in the haveli will keep you glued to it for hours, and you can even enjoy the view of the hill from the backside of the haveli.
Find out more tours in India.
Where to Stay?
Kanak Jaisalmer is truly unbeatable when it comes to choosing a place to stay. During your stay at Kanak Jaisalmer, you can enjoy a glamping experience, which is one of a kind. From your airport pickup to your meals, each part of your stay will be carefully curated to provide an outstanding Jaisalmer holiday experience. You can also enjoy the stay at the magnificent tent with every modern comfort conceivable with the unique elements of the Jaisalmer lifestyle. You can enjoy some Rajasthani delicacies along with continental meals to provide you with lip-smacking meals.
Along with your stay, you can enjoy some folk music and dance performances each evening with delicious snacks and kebabs. The package from Luxury Escapes hotel booking app India provides you with all the above along with a 2 nights stay at the luxurious tent for INR 29,999. What’s more? Once during your stay, you can even enjoy a camel safari for a unique experience. The package can be availed by three adults or two adults and two children below 12 years. Head to Luxury Escapes today and book your stay at the heart of Rajasthani luxury.