Introduction to Mesmerizing Makeup For Red Dress
Bill Blass said, “When in doubt wear Red.” And it can’t be truer.
Red is a gorgeous color loved by females globally. Whether it’s a working day at the office or an extravagant party, red is an optimal choice for every occasion.
It is one of those colors that you take out of your wardrobe and wear without thinking about how it would look. The red color in itself represents passion and love, which makes everyone falls in love with it instantly.
Audrey Hepburn added, “There is a shade of red for every woman.” While there is a shade of red for every woman, there is also one for every occasion.
Going for lunch with friends? Wear the rose top. Got a date? Slay your crimson short-dress. Thus, gatherings, dates, parties, or meetings, everything goes well when you have a red dress in the wardrobe.
How to slay your red dress?
Wearing a red dress itself does 50% of the job. Yet, if you want to look stunning, taking care of the accessories is vital. People around you wouldn’t much appreciate a red top with jeans and sneakers.
What to do then? While donning that elegant red dress, you should know well to carry the overall look. Some elements that need to be taken care of are:
If you have not thought about it earlier, choosing the right makeup and nails is essential to rock the outfit.
The perfect makeup for red dress
Believing that there’s a one-lipstick-fits-all formula might not be entirely correct. Wearing a red dress comes with a variety of makeup options to choose the one you like. Some of the gorgeous makeup for red dress ideas by renowned stylists are given below.
The classic red lips
The first makeup detail that comes to our mind on a red dress is the classic red lipstick look. And we believe all females like the red lipstick with a red dress, like ice cream over warm brownie – irresistible!
It is an unwritten rule in the books of styling to pair up a bright lipstick with a light eyeshadow. The red lips look simple yet just stunning. A nude eyeshadow would be a great combination for an office party, whereas an evening party might get better with silver eyeshadow.
- Step 1: Prime your face with a suitable primer.
- Step 2: Use a foundation for a party or bb cream for an office day.
- Step 3: Apply a concealer where necessary, finishing the base makeup with contouring.
- Step 4: Apply the eyeshadow of your choice on the eyelids and put enough mascara, not to overcoat the lashes.
- Step 5: While you are putting a dark color on your lips, it is better to use a light shade of blush-on on your cheeks.
- Step 6: Finish off your look with the beautiful red lipstick on your dressing table.
Red lips can never go wrong with a red dress, though how often do you want to look the same? All the celebrities love nude lips. They give you a natural look and tend to balance the dark eye makeup as well.
Yet, sometimes, you can opt completely for nude shades while styling a red dress. Emily Ratajkowski is an inspiration if you love to go minimal, even with the boldest colors. Here’s a short tutorial for the perfectly sift makeup that can go with a red dress.
- Step 1: Prime your face and apply the foundation. To give it a more natural look effortlessly, use a dewy-finish foundation.
- Step 2: Put minimal concealer if required.
- Step 3: Apply a little amount of liquid highlighter on your cheeks, nose, and upper lips.
- Step 4: Coat the eyelashes with a single coat of mascara and apply sleek eyeliner.
- Step 4: Complete the look by applying a nude lipstick or lip gloss with a pink tone.
Applying eyeshadow is optional. Experts recommend not wearing it if it’s not a formal gathering and planning on a natural look.
If Jamie Chung can charm the audience with berry-red lips at an international festival, why can’t you?
Berry-red lips are not a very favorable choice for daytime events, but they can be your best friend for a night party. They go equally well for formal occasions or a party with friends. Berry red lips with bold eyes are a style statement any day.
- Step 1: Prep your skin with a primer and apply your choice of foundation.
- Step 2: Concealing and contouring should only be done as per the need. If you don’t feel the need, do not contour.
- Step 3: Apply a rosy tint on your cheeks along with liquid highlighter.
- Step 4: The eyes are better kept minimal, yet you can opt for a silver-grey smoky eye makeup if you wish. Else, just dab nude eyeshadow, and it’s done – tada!
- Step 5: Daub a thick layer of your voluminous mascara over the eyelashes to for a dramatic look.
- Step 6: Put on the sensational berry-red lipstick to make them look perfect.
Add some wings
All these styling ideas show that there is not one “accurate” makeup that rocks the red dress. To attain the look, you are looking for, experimenting is the way.
Further visit: 6 Amazing Fashion Ideas From Spring/Summer 2019 Style Weeks
All the makeup artists try different styles to achieve the final appearance they look forward to. One of the most favorite makeup elements of stylists is the winged eyeliner.
Though the wings with red dress might seem extravagant to many people, they look gorgeous!
The diva look
While looking for perfect makeup to suit the red dress, do we remember the striking red eyeshadow?
We understand, not everyone is comfortable with wearing eyeshadows other than nudes or smoky. Yet, if you love to experiment bold shades for unique looks, this look is spot-on!
- Step 1: Prime your face, put on your matte foundation, and concealer.
- Step 2: Enhance your eyes by adorning them with red eyeshadow. You can use any shade of the color as per your choice and blend with nude or black. Adding a little bit red on the outer corner of the lower las completes the eye makeup.
- Step 3: Apply highlighter and an adequate amount of blush-on. Use a coral tone to cut off the reds on your face. Also, dab a small amount of highlighter on the inner eye corner.
- Step 4: Before applying the lipstick, coat your lashes with mascara and apply the eyeliner or kohl.
- Step 5: Lock the look with a red lipstick that matches your eyeshadow.
A red dress can never go wrong if you carry it with confidence and the right makeup. Instead of the old-school look, try one of these makeups with the red dress to mesmerize everyone.