|Question Papers for ISTQB|
Question Papers for ISTQB:
When I was preparing for ISTQB certification, I was going through the study materials provided by our guide and several other sites which was providing me the questions. Here are the set of questions that we can practice before we sit for the ISTQB certification.
In 1998-in britain the first approach of developping multi level qualififying programme was developed.
Indian Testing board:2005(foundation level)
Indian Testing board:2004(advanced level)
Different Testing boards:
The spanish Testing board:SSTQB
The German Testing Borard:GTB
International Software Quality institute-iSQI
Global association for software quality-gasq
ISTQB News letter
This post will help to clear istqb foundation exam as well help you to answer the istqb questions for interview.
Few Terminologies for ISTQB Guide:
Test Scenario :
It can be a single test case or collection of test cases or test script.It is a particular situation that is verified by set of test cases.
It can be a condition under which the test is performed. The pre-condition that is specified as a part of the test case is also a test condition.
Test Strategy :
It is the high level description of the testing activities that will be performed in the programme or the organization.
Test Plan :
A product venture test plan is a record that portrays the destinations, extension, approach and focal point of a product testing exertion. The way toward setting up a test plan is a helpful method to thoroughly consider the endeavors expected to approve the worthiness of a product item. The finished archive will help individuals outside the test amass comprehend the why and how of item approval. It ought to be intensive enough to be helpful, however not all that exhaustive that none outside the test gathering will most likely perused it.
It is the document that describes the
- Approach of testing
- Resource requirements
- Entry criteria and Exit Criteria
- Features that will be tested
- Features that will not be tested
- Cycles of testing (System, regression, adhoc..etc..)
- Test environment.
- Risks and the Contingency plan.
System Requirement Specification:
A structured collection of information that specifies the requirement of the system.
This is generally done by the Business Analyst. The information that is provided is generally a high level requirement. It is generally from an end user perspective.
Functional Requirement Specification
This is a much detailed list of the functions that the System is supposed to perform. It will be a good to design this document by the Business owner, Developer and QA .
It will consist of :Work Flow diagrams, Functions performed in each screen, Compliance requirement, operation of each screen.. etc.This will be usually for a particular release ( in case of iterative development) or Project.
I suppose this is referring to the SDLC’s. In that case, it depends on the product that is being developed.
It can be a Iterative Development.
It can be a W or V model.
Now a days it is agile or extreme development.
This is a human action that produces an incorrect result.E.g-Programming error.
A incorrect flow in the system which does not give the actual output is called Defect.
A defect caught during execution may cause failure.Rather deviation from its original outcome.
Causes of software failure:
It may be introduced into a code to a system.
Reasons for it:
- Time pressure
- Excessive demands
- Wrong Understanding
- Wrong Requirement
Changes in the system Environment
Reason for it:
- Hard disk Crashes
Debugging and Software Testing:
Debugging is done by Developers and Software Testing is done by Testers
The objective of testing is to identify the defect. The objective of debugging is to rectify the identified defect.
A tester identifies the defect in Software Testing phase and sends to Development team to fix it. Developer then re-runs the code, identifies the cause of the defect and fixes the same. This is debugging.
Features of Software Testing and who performs it?
- Test early and test often.
- Integrate the application development and testing life cycles. You’ll get better results and you won’t have to mediate between two armed camps in your IT shop.
- Formalize a testing methodology; you’ll test everything the same way and you’ll get uniform results.
- Develop a comprehensive test plan; it forms the basis for the testing methodology.
- Use both static and dynamic testing.
- Define your expected results.
- Understand the business reason behind the application. You’ll write a better application and better testing scripts.
- Use multiple levels and types of testing (regression, systems, integration, stress and load).
- Review and inspect the work, it will lower costs.
- Don’t let your programmers check their own work; they’ll miss their own errors.
- Software Testing is performed by Software Testers.
Limitations of Software Testing:
Software Testing can show the presence of errors; it cannot show the absence of errors
If at any point during planned test execution the test entry criteria are found to be not satisfied, test execution will terminate until such time that the unsatisfactory condition is removed, at which point test execution shall resume.
Testing may be suspended for the following reasons:
1. Test Environment is unavailable or cannot be efficiently utilized due to performance or other issues.
2. Bug tracking tool is unavailable or cannot be efficiently utilized due to performance or other issues.
3. Smoke Test failure.
4. Production test data is unavailable.
5. Test data is invalid and causes component failure.
6. Insufficient knowledge transfer and no clarification for queries
7. Unscheduled outage
This will be all those point due to which testing can not happen
Testing will be resumed when the cause of test suspension has been resolved and the testing team has been notified in accordance with the communication plan.
This is not entry and exit criteria.
The links for ISTQB Mock Tests are as follows:
Types of testing:
A Endurance Test is a typically a subset of Load test which talks about workload and load volumes anticipated during production operation. This is called as Soak testing as well.
As per Wiki..
This test is usually done to determine if the application can sustain the continuous expected load. During endurance tests, memory utilization is monitored to detect potential leaks. Also important, but often overlooked is performance degradation. That is, to ensure that the throughput and/or response times after some long period of sustained activity are as good or better than at the beginning of the test.