Oacle Openscript a new automation tool for automation…
Ads code goes here
Oracle Application Testing Suite 9.10 – New Features and Updates
- Oracle Fusion/ADF Functional Testing Accelerator – Enables enhanced support for automated functional testing of Fusion/ADF applications. Extends ATS’s Web functional testing capabilities by adding native support for ADF GUI components for object identification, automation, and validation. Oracle ADF is a key technology in Fusion Applications and can be used to build custom applications.
- Oracle Fusion/ADF Load Testing Accelerator – Enables enhanced support for automated load testing of Fusion/ADF applications. Extends ATS’s Web/HTTP load testing capabilities by adding a custom load testing correlation library and related scripting enhancements for Fusion/ADF load testing.
- Script Assets Manager – Standardizes management of scripts and related assets like Data Bank files, Object Libraries, and Script Functions.
- Enhanced Script Functions Support – Provides an easier way for users to create shared functions through the OpenScript user interface and call those functions from any test script to create more modular, reusable script components.
- Oracle Real User Experience Insight (RUEI) Script Import – Allows users to generate Oracle Application Testing Suite load test scripts from the Oracle Real User Experience Insight product by first exporting real user session transaction data from RUEI and then importing it into OpenScript to generate a load test script.
- Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Test Starter Kit / Sample Scripts – Provides a test starter kit with sample test scripts for Oracle EBS R12 applications based on the sample EBS “Vision” database.
- OpenScript Tree View Debugger – Provides debugging capabilities from the OpenScript Tree View including the ability to set breakpoints, step through script nodes, step over, pause, and watch variables. Previously, script debugging was only available from OpenScript’s Java Code View.
- Download Manager – Simplifies Oracle Application Testing Suite load test scripts by filtering out embedded HTTP URL requests for Web page resources (i.e. images, js, css, etc.) during script recording in OpenScript and then giving users the option of whether to automatically find and request those resources on playback in OpenScript and Oracle Load Testing.
- Result Code Verification – Makes it easier to adjust the behavior of an OpenScript test script based on the outcome of script commands by providing a result code that can be queried after command executes.
- Oracle Load Testing Reporting Enhancements – Provides drill-down capabilities that link OLT’s performance summary report to corresponding load test graphs for both real-time and post-run reporting.
- Enterprise Manager J2EE Middleware Diagnostics Integration – Provides integration between Oracle Load Testing and Enterprise Manager that enables users to view J2EE middleware performance diagnostics during load tests for identifying bottlenecks under load.
- Oracle Database ServerStats Profile – New Oracle Load Testing ServerStats monitoring profile for Oracle Database to capture key performance metrics during a load test.
Oracle Application Testing Suite 9.10 – Additional Notes
- Oracle Weblogic Server Support – Oracle Application Testing Suite is certified with Oracle Weblogic Server as the application server for Oracle Load Testing and Oracle Test Manager. Users of Oracle Load Testing and Oracle Test Manager will receive a free restricted use license of Oracle Weblogic Server for use with these products. Oracle Weblogic Server is automatically installed and configured with ATS and replaces JBoss Server used in prior versions.
- Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Support – Oracle Application Testing Suite is certified with Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition as the database repository for Oracle Load Testing and Oracle Test Manager. Users of Oracle Load Testing and Oracle Test Manager will receive a free restricted use license of Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition for use with these products. Oracle Application Testing Suite also supports Oracle Database 10g. An Oracle 10g Express Edition (XE) database can be automatically installed and configured with ATS for demo purposes and replaces Microsoft Access used in prior versions.
- Oracle Functional Testing Legacy Scripting Platform – Oracle Functional Testing’s legacy, Visual Basic-based scripting platform is included with the ATS 9.1 release, but will no longer be included with Oracle Application Testing Suite starting with the version 9.2 release. Customers are encouraged to upgrade to the new Oracle Functional Testing – OpenScript scripting platform. Customers using Oracle Functional Testing legacy scripting platform can continue to use Oracle Application Testing Suite version 9.1 or older versions under Oracle’s Lifetime Support Policy. Customers using Oracle Functional Testing and Visual Basic for Applications can continue to use Oracle Application Testing Suite version 8.4 or older under Oracle’s Lifetime Support Policy. Oracle Application Testing Suite version 8.5 and newer versions do not include the VBA module (see below).
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) – Microsoft’s Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) is no longer available in Oracle Application Testing Suite (since version 8.5) as Microsoft has announced the discontinuation of this technology. See
http://vba.summsoft.com/. VBA and associated features can no longer be enabled in Oracle Functional Testing. However, Visual Script extensibility in Oracle Functional Testing is still available using Test Scriptlets (VBScript). Existing customers that require VBA support can continue to use ATS 8.4 or 8.3 under Oracle’s Lifetime Support Policy at
- Oracle Functional Testing Proxy Certificate – Oracle Functional Testing proxy recording uses a pre-packaged certificate for each session. Users can view the certificate when navigating to any site with SSL/TLS. The installation does not create unique certificates for each installation. The same certificate is used for all installations.
- Testing HTTPS Sites – When testing HTTPS sites, Oracle Functional Testing’s “Proxy Recorder” feature should only be used to record scripts against trusted Web sites.