Introduction to Outlook 2016 Spell Check not Working
You are replying fast to your emails, but Outlook 2016 spell check not working? Do not worry as you have the information about it on this blog. We have written this article intending to help users in resolving the issue of Outlook grammar check not working.
The outlook is the most trusted brand name when it comes to sending or receiving emails. It hosts a large number of users due to its simple to use features.
When working on Outlook, you might have faced the need to check spelling and grammar for the email message you have typed before sending it to your clients. Let us see why spellcheck is a necessity in today’s work environment.
Why use Spell Check on Outlook email?
Emails are useful to work in a variety of professional situations.
The idea of Spell check for professional emails is useful for:
- EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION: With proper use of Spellings, the reader immediately understands what you mean to convey.
- SECURE PROSPECTS: You can lock a deal, land a job, and even do work collaboration by making a better impression.
- STOP DISTRACTION: Flaws in Spelling can grab the attention of the reader, distracting him from the main topic.
So, the Spell check feature is a great way to improve our communication skills in Outlook.
Now, you must be interested to learn what factors lead to Outlook 2016 spell check not working.
Why is Outlook 2016 spell check not working on reply?
Outlook Spell check saves you from making professional communication mistakes. But what to do if Outlook’s spell checks feature misfires and do not work at all? Some reasons could result in spell check not to work in Outlook. We have listed them as:
- The Automatic Spelling and Grammar attribute is off.
- Incorrect use of language, like words that are somewhat similar in spelling example: vice, and vibe.
- A damaged PST File or installation of Outlook.
Use Outlook PST Recovery tool, if there is any damaged .pst file. So, you need to keep a check on the above points and resolve Outlook 2016 spell check not working. But, if you get errors as Outlook grammar check not working, then you can use the manual methods to repair it.
Manual Check for Grammar and Spelling before sending
Crosscheck for spellings and grammar can be effortlessly done manually. This feature is operational, even if MS Word stays uninstalled.
You can make a check for spelling with the F7 shortcut key on your keyboard. Another way is you can click the Review tab from the menu bar and click on Spelling & Grammar.
If you were not able to find these steps helpful, then read about other methods to fix Outlook 2016 spell check not working.
Further visit: How Can Outlook Help You? Complete Guide Just in 5 Minutes
Method 1: Turn on Spelling check for Outlook
For Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 users:
- Follow with me and tick along the trail File >> Options >> Mail >> under Compose Message, select Always check spelling before sending >> click
If you are working on Outlook 2007, then you can follow the method given below.
For MS Outlook 2007 users:
- Tick on Tools >> Options >> click Spelling tab >> select Always Check Spelling before Sending.
Method 2: Switch on Proof Reading at Template Level
These steps work according to the version of Outlook you use. So, you can use them accordingly.
Working for Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010
- Snap-on New Email >> click Review >> Language >> Set Proofing Language >> uncheck Do not check spelling or grammar >> click Set As Default and hit OK button to finalize the settings.
Working for MS Outlook 2007:
- Press on New >> Select Mail Message >> in tab Home >> in Proofing group >> click Spelling >> Set Language >> uncheck Do not check spelling or grammar >> click Default button
With the implementation of the above steps, you can disable and enable spelling and grammar check for different languages as required.
Also, with the above steps, apply the changes at the template level. Besides the above methods, you can also make changes in the language selected in Outlook. It can be useful to work with for instance:
In UK English and US English, the spelling of many words slightly differ.
We have described here methods to set spelling and grammar checking work right for you. So, that you can work effectively while sending critical data and avoid mess up due to misspelled words and grammatical issues in your written messages.