Introduction to resistance band against belly fat
Belly fat not only affects your confidence level but also seriously affect your health. According to Harvard Health, an increase in the visceral or internal belly fats increases inflammation. Belly fat also increases the risk of certain diseases such as type 2 diabetes, cancers, and heart disease.
The proper diet exercise is an effective remedy for treating belly fat; however, you should not be specific with some AB exercises. An overall physically active lifestyle and a full-body exercise are ideal ways to live a healthy life. Moreover, some cardiovascular and strength training is the key to getting rid of the bulge. The resistance band exercises that also work as circuit training help burn the calories to lose the fat and build strong muscles all over your body. In addition to the wide range of benefits of resistance band exercises, it increases the firming power of abdominal muscles. Then, the fats melt away, and you get a tight and taut midsection in the result.
What is Resistance Band?
Best pull up bands usually made up of latex, which gives an additional challenge to your muscles, are known as resistance bands. These bands come in various forms. You can choose from the tabular with handles or the swaths of flat stretchy rubbers; either of these is effective for ab and belly exercises.
The resistance bands come in various colors depending upon the intensity of the band. The range varies from the lowest resistance, similar to that provided by a 2 to 3 pounds dumbbell, and the highest level of resistance, similar to a 20-pound dumbbell.
Resistance Band Exercises For Belly Fats:
Resistance bands help target belly fats. To get the benefits from resistance bands, you need to perform some specific movements that will help you develop muscles and firm up the jiggle created at the midsection of your body. Some effective resistance band exercises which can help you to deal with the belly fat are described below:
Plank for stabilizing muscles:
Moving your muscles against the resistance while in a plank position works your stabilizing muscles. To perform the exercise;
- Stand in the center of the band such that Your feet are hip-distance apart. Cross it and hold the ends of the band in each hand.
- While keeping the band around your feet and the ends in your hands, bend down in a push-up position.
- Now draw your abs into your spine while your palms are enough planted position and push your hips back towards your heels such that the knees hover just above the floor.
- It’s time to straighten your body back into the push-up position and repeat the same exercise 10 to 15 times.
Anti Rotation Exercise:
This exercise works your abs most effectively. It works by forcing your abs to keep the torso stable, which eventually burns many fats. Below is a stepwise guide to perform this exercise.
- Loop the resistance band around a pole or some other anchor point at your shoulder height. You can use the frame of a cable machine, which works amazingly.
- Hold the band’s ends in your hands and move a step away from the anchor point until you feel the tension is created in the band. Keep your hands at the center of your chest, and keep your feet hip-distance apart. Your feet would be at the sideways of an anchor point.
- Start pressing the band forward and pulling it back to your chest. Repeat this workout 10 to 15 times in one direction and then repeat facing the opposite direction.
Also read – loose weight fast
Russian Twist Band Exercise:
This exercise targets your abs along with some other major muscles like obliques and the shoulder. To perform the exercise:
- Start by sitting on the floor such that both of your legs are extended in front of you. Now wrap the band around the soles of your feet. Grasp the end of the band in your hands while keeping your legs together. Now bend your knees slightly, and make sure that your heels are the only floor. Clasp your hands to bring the ends of the band together.
- While engaging your abs and keeping the bag flat, lean back at 45 degrees search that your extended arms are in front of you at your eye level. Keep the band straight and tight throughout the resistance band workout.
- Twist your body on the left side and then the right side to complete one repetition.
- It’s ideal for performing 2 to 3 sets of 12 to 15 repetitions on each side.
Side V Exercise:
This exercise Specifically targets your abs and oblique muscles to give you strong and strengthened abs with a strong core’s benefits. Side V Is known for building the AB muscles and reducing the belly fat, which burns many calories against bands’ resistance. To perform this exercise:
- Lie down on the right side of your body with the legs together and hips stacked. Now wrap the center of the band around your feet soles. Grasp the ends of the band in your hands. Keep your palm flat, and Extend your right arm on the floor in front of you at shoulder level. Now bring the left hand in front of the thighs.
- Keep the abs engaged and the band tight during the whole resistance band ab workout. Bend the left elbow behind you at the shoulder level and start lifting your upper body and legs off the floor.
- Balance your torso on the right hip and lower your body to the start position.
- Repeat the same movements 12 to 15 times. Take a rest for 15 seconds and perform a set again.
Knee pull works not only for belly fat but also for the butt muscles, giving you an overall good physique. A tight ab and butt are the fruits of this resistance band workout.
- Start With the push-up position on the floor, search that the center of the resistance band is wrapped around the sole of your right feet. Now hold the ends of the band in each of your hands.
- Keep the abs engaged throughout this workout. Pull your right knee towards the chest, so you round back towards the ceiling slightly, as if bringing your head to meet your knees.
- Now, press your right heel back to the situation leg and lower your food to start maintaining the push-up position.
- Repeat the same 12 to 15 times.