Introduction to Setting Your Branded Email Address
As a business owner, you may be receiving hundreds of emails daily. While you may not be paying attention to all of them, it is highly likely that you ignore the ones sounding like [email protected] or [email protected]
So, whether you like it or not, people won’t take your message seriously unless you have a branded email address.
A professional email address not only reflects your brand in a positive light but also makes clear who the email is coming from.
Besides, if a person is interested in knowing about your business, he can get your domain name from the email address itself and visit your website. A Business Email is an email address that matches your name and promotes your business with every email sent.
Our Professional Email helps you stay customers’ minds with an email address that matches your domain and promotes your businesses with every message you send.
Professional Email comes with easy-to-use features like calendar, contacts, and tasks also as a webmail portal you’ll customize.
Setting up a Branded Email Address
Let’s see how you can set up a branded email address in a few simple steps.
1) Sign up for an email server hosting in India
To have a professional email, it’s vital that you sign up for an email hosting account. Most of the web hosting providers offer business email hosting as an add-on service, but you have the option to buy a separate business email hosting plan for your business. Your email host should offer fair pricing, robust security, and adequate storage.
2) Decide on a naming format
If you are a small business with just a handful of employees, this may not even seem important now. But as your business grows, you will need consistency in email formats. The following formats are typically used:
When you have a fixed naming convention, it becomes easier for your customers to contact you and your employees.
3) Create your email account
This step will vary depending on your hosting provider. Here’s how you can set up an email account with Go4hosting.
- a) Login into your cPanel account. Go the Email section and click on ‘Email Accounts’.
- b) Fill in the Email field with your new email ID based on the email convention that you have chosen. Fill in the password field with a strong password that’s a mix of numbers, alphabets, and symbols.
- c) Go to ‘Mailbox Quota’ to type in the mailbox size in MB if you know your current requirement. You are offered 250 MB by default.
- d) Click on ‘Create Account’ to create your account. This creates your professional email address.
4) Set up your email client
Creating a business email address in cPanel doesn’t automatically offer you the functionality to use the email address for sending and receiving messages. For this purpose, you will need an email client. Popular email clients include Outlook, Thunderbird, and Gmail.
Further visit: How to Recover Permanently Deleted AT&T Emails Beyond 2020?
Out of these, Gmail is chosen by businesses far and wide on the account of the benefits it offers. G Suite from Google offers Gmail in addition to a large number of tools (Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Slides, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Meet) that helps you work and collaborate more effectively within a team.
Let’s see how you can set up your email in G Suite.
- a) Login to your customer portal. Select ‘Email & Office’ from the menu given on the left-hand side. Click on ‘See Details’ in the G Suite box.
- b) Choose ‘Buy Now’ and fill in your payment information to complete the transaction. Once the purchase has been done, you can access G Suite by choosing ‘Marketplace’ in the left-hand side menu of the control panel. Select G Suite from the list of programs and click ‘Manage’.
- c) When you open G Suite for the first time after purchase, you will be required to fill in your administrator information and contact information. Once done, you can start working with G Suite.
The Final Word
Having a branded email ID is a crucial step in making your customers realize you are serious but you have to run your email communication the right way to keep up this professionalism.
By following a couple of email best practices, you can make sure your email account represents your business well.