Introduction to Steps To Make Yahoo Homepage
If you’re a regular seeker of Yahoo and its array of different services then, why not make Yahoo as your homepage for accessing them easily?
However, if you have any doubt regarding that then, let us tell you that Yes! You can change the default homepage (that is mainly set by the developers) of every browser into your Yahoo homepage at any given point of time.
And, with respect to the same, have a look at the below-given guide that includes how you can set Yahoo homepage in browsers ranging from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari to Microsoft Edge. So, based on your particular web browser perform the steps that are given below to make Yahoo your homepage:
1: Steps to Make Yahoo Homepage in Google Chrome:
- With a motive to make Yahoo as your homepage in Google Chrome, you need to first open your Chrome browser and click on its ‘Menu’ option that is represented by (Three-vertical dots).
- Then, select its ‘Settings’ from the drop-down options of Chrome’s menu.
- After that, go to the ‘Appearance’ section from Google Chrome’s settings and check whether the ‘Show Home Button’ box is turned on or not. If not then, turn it on in order to set a custom homepage in Google Chrome.
- Once you do so, move on to further select the ‘Enter custom web address’ option link that appears under the ‘Show Home Button’ box.
- Now, in the text field type the web address of any of your favorite Yahoo webpage such as ‘www.Yahoo.com’ to make it your homepage.
- In continuation, select the ‘Open a Specific Page or Set of Pages’ option under the ‘On Startup’ section.
- There, click on ‘Add a new page’ option to again type the web address of your Yahoo webpage for the purpose of adding it as your homepage.
- In the end, close your Chrome web browser setting page and just restart your device to save the recently made changes. So, from now on, whenever you click on the ‘Home’ button, you’ll see the Yahoo webpage as your homepage on Google Chrome web browser.
2: Steps to Make Yahoo Homepage in Mozilla Firefox:
- To start with, first and foremost open your Mozilla Firefox web browser, and once you do so, click on its ‘Menu’ button that is represented by (Three-horizontal lines).
- From the Firefox menu options, go to the ‘Startup’ section and select the ‘Show my homepage’ option.
- Then, all you have to do is enter ‘www.Yahoo.com’ under the ‘Home Page’ field.
- After that, just click on the ‘Save’ button to make Yahoo as your default homepage on the Firefox browser.
- Now, whenever you start the Firefox browser, or whenever you click on its ‘Home’ button, this will load the Yahoo page you have set.
3: Steps to Make Yahoo Homepage in Safari:
- To set Yahoo as the default homepage on your Safari web browser, simply launch your ‘Safari browser’ and click on its ‘Edit Menu.’
- Then, select the ‘Preferences’ option from the dropdown list of options to directly navigate yourself to the ‘General tab.’
- There, click on the ‘Homepage’ option and just enter the Yahoo address i.e., ‘www.Yahoo.com’ in the required ‘Homepage’ blank text field.
- Now, close the ‘Preferences’ window of your Safari browser and quickly restart it to save the changes and to see that your Safari’s homepage has been finally changed to Yahoo!
4: Steps to Make Yahoo Homepage in Internet Explorer:
- In order to set Yahoo as your homepage in the Internet Explorer browser, you need to begin by clicking on its ‘Tools’ button that seems to be a gear-like icon.
- Then, select the ‘Internet’ option from the Internet Explorer’s toolbar and go to its ‘General’ tab.
- There, all you have to do is replace the web address field by entering the Yahoo address from either of the following—
- Yahoo! News: news.yahoo.com
- Yahoo! Search: www.yahoo.com
- Yahoo! Mail: mail.yahoo.com
- Yahoo! Shopping: shopping.yahoo.com
- After doing so, simply navigate to the ‘Startup’ section of the same ‘General’ tab to select the option of ‘Start with this homepage.’
- To finish the process, just click on the ‘Apply’ and the ‘OK’ button in the end.
- Now, press the ‘Alt + Home’ to ensure that Internet Explorer takes you to your Yahoo homepage. This will even help you in situations when your Yahoo Mail is not working in other browsers (if you choose Yahoo! Mail: mail.yahoo.com) address.
5: Steps to Make Yahoo Homepage in Microsoft Edge:
- To start with the process, open the Edge browser and click on its ‘Menu’ button.
- From the drop-down list of options, select the ‘Settings’ of Microsoft Edge’s browser.
- Doing so will open the ‘Settings’ sidebar and then, further select the ‘Open a specific page or set of pages’ from the ‘On Startup’ section for allowing a set of specific pages to open when ‘Edge browser’ starts.
- Then, a drop-down menu will appear and in continuation, select the ‘Custom’ option that says ‘MSN’ by default.
- After that, in the text field that appears, type the ‘Yahoo! Address’ for instance ‘www.Yahoo.com’ and once you are done typing, click on the ‘Save’ button to save Yahoo as your new start-up page on Microsoft Edge browser (as it does not have a Home button, so there is no ‘Homepage’ on Microsoft Edge browser).
That’s all! These are the step-by-step guides for making Yahoo as your ‘Homepage’ in the various popular browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.
Hope you now have a clear understanding of the process of changing any browser’s homepage as the Yahoo homepage.