All about Sync Google Calendar with Outlook
User query 1: “ I don’t know why but this time my Calendar stopped Syncing, can you suggest any way simple method to sync with Google calendar to Outlook calendar”
User query 2: “I work on Google calendar in my professional time and Outlook for my family time calendar, but my wife works on Google calendar and she didn’t want to switch any other calendar so can you suggest any method to safely sync our calendar Google Calendar with Outlook so we can access entire family and work plans”
The answer is Yes why not, You can sync Google Calendar with Outlook.
Life will be much easier if we have one calendar connected to our email, it always reminds us of all our appointments and meetings. We can see our free time and schedule time events which help to manage our lifestyle.
Google Calendar is a scheduling calendar and time-management developed by Google. You can quickly plan events and meetings with some setup to get reminders about upcoming tasks. It is available to web and as well as mobile apps for the Android and iOS platforms.
Outlook calendar scheduling component of Outlook mail clients, which can create appointments, organize meetings, schedule events, and many more.
Scenarios where we need to Sync Google Calendar with Outlook
- Fortunately, the reality is we have to use several calendars for different purposes, but the problem is that Google and Microsoft calendars won’t communicate with each other. So we need to sync.
- If you work in two separate offices and you use Google calendar and Outlook, then if you want to move Google calendar with Outlook to make your work easier.
- If you are using two calendars for a different goal, like personal or work, syncing needed to Google calendar with Outlook.
There are several scenarios to add Google Calendar to Outlook Calendar. Don’t worry, I will explain step by step each and every process.
Ways to Sync Google Calendar With Outlook
If you need to sync Google Calendar to Outlook calendar, here are three easy ways below.
Method 1. An approach to add Google calendar on Outlook (By Outlook.com)
- First, open your Google calendar and login in.
- Second, in the left-hand column, click on three dots(besides your email name).
- Now, select your “Settings and sharing“.
- Then, on the Settings page, scroll down and choose “Integrate calendar” (section 6).
- In the following, you need to copy the link of “Secret address in iCal format“
- Now, open an outlook account and login with valid cardinalities.
- After, click on the calendar icon(left sidebar ).
- In the next step, click “Add calendar“.
- Next, select “Subscribe from the web“.
- Hence, paste the selected “Secret address in iCal format” link. (which copied at step 5)
- Lastly, click “Import“.
- Then start
Method 2. By Import File
- First, Go to https://calendar.google.com or open your Google calendar app.
- Then, log in with a username and secret password.
- After, hit on the gear icon (top-right corner).
- In the following, the drop-down chooses the setting.
- Next, select “ Import & export”.
- Then, choose “ Export”.
- Now, a zip file has been downloaded.
- After, launch the Microsoft Outlook.
- Then, hit on “File” in the top menu bar.
- Therefore, choose “ Open & Export”.
- Now, click “Import & Export”.
- In the following a pop-up window appears, choose “Import an iCalendar (.ics) or vCalendar file (.vcs)” then press Next.
- In the new window, find the zip folder that you downloaded (Step 7) before pressing “Open“.
- Lastly, choose “Import” in the window and next also choose the new calendar.
- Now, It will start syncing.
Method 3.A substitute method to Sync Google Calendar with Outlook (for Mac)
- First, Launch the Microsoft Outlook application and login with your correct cardinality.
- Second, choose “Preferences” from the drop-down menu bar
- Now, choose Account.
- In the next step, click on the + icon to add an account.
- After, hit on New Account.
- In the new window, enter your Gmail username then press “Continue”
- Then, enter your valid password.
- A new window appears, select your Gmail account
- On the next page, click “Allow”.
- Besides, choose “Open Microsoft Account” in the new popup.
- Lastly, Click “Done” your account has been added.
- You can check the Calendar icon by click, at the bottom of Outlook’s left sidebar to see your Google Calendar events.
Professional method to sync calendar Google to Outlook
If you have not yet understood how often does Google calendar sync with Outlook then need to down a third-party tool that you can try Gmail Email Backup Tool. The software has a user-friendly GUI and simple and easy steps to add Google calendar to Outlook.
This blog creates a great concept about to sync Google calendar with Outlook. Now, you can use any method by outlook.com, for Mac, by import file or Professional method.
An automated professional method is the easiest method and recommended by an expert person. So choose the best method, Good luck.