Introduction to Tips for Accountant
Accounting job was not considered to be one of the best in earlier times because most of the people thought that all an accountant does is just play with numbers all day with his tiny spectacle on.
But the times have changed now. With the development of new accounting software, most of the things like bookkeeping, managing invoices, and other tasks are done very quickly.
And now an accountant has a lot of time to analyze the performance ad growth of the business he is working for. So, you can think of an accountant as a consultant where you should look for advice. In earlier days, the reputation of an accountant was quite different.
One of the biggest accounting companies in Australia has also said that the demand for an accountant is increasing day by day.
If you are the one who wants to become an accountant in the future, this blog is for you. Here we are going to discuss the time required to become an accounting along with suitable accounting training courses. Here is a list of the best accounting tutors in Australia:
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) courses:
– The Association of Chartered Accountants was established in 1904. Due to their excellence since the beginning, they have now got global recognition.
At this time, ACCA is offering courses in about 179 countries around the globe. The number of students studying through ACCA is no less than 500,000.
– Before you start a course here, you need to have two A-levels in five subjects. Among those five subjects, you should have Maths and English.
If you are from a country where English is not so important, you need to have a subject that is equivalent to English.
– Taking a look at the course, the curriculum is divided into 4 groups:
• The Applied skills group: In this group, you have to clear 6 different exams: Financial management, Audit, Assurance, Financial Reporting, Corporate and Business Law, Taxation, Performance Management.
• The Knowledge Group: The subjects here include Financial Accounting, Business Accounting, and Financial Accounting.
• The Essentials Level Group: Three exams are here in this group which includes Corporate Reporting (UK or even international), Business Analysis, Risk Ethics, and Governance.
• In the fourth group, the student has to choose two optional subjects. There are 4 options in total: Advanced Performance Management, Advanced Taxation or Advanced Audit, Financial Management, and Assurance.
– If you are thinking about the time it would take to become an accountant with ACCA, you will take around 3-4 years before you become a chartered accountant with this organization.
– As per the revised rules, there is a time of 7 years to clear all the exams. And remember this time would start at the moment you sit in the first exam of this course.
Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW):
– This institute has been in the world for more than 150 years. The total number of members here is no less than 150,000. This name is quite a big name for accountant training.
– The biggest advantage that you get here is you don’t need a degree before starting your ACA from here. There are thousands of students who start it after completing secondary school.
– To get this certification, you need to pass 15 modules that are separated over 3 different levels. After the completion of these modules, you will get the certification called ICAEW. This is quite a certification on its own.
– If you want to obtain even more professional certification, you need to complete 6 other modules. All those modules will be about Banking and Insurance, Taxation, Business Planning.
– And then there is the advanced level. If you complete this level, you will be given the ACA. At this level, the students are taught about the things that may enable them to make decisions for solving real-life problems.
– The time duration required to complete this certification is about 3-5 years. But make sure that you have signed a training contract with some authorized ICAEW training employees. This is a requirement for starting your course from here.
Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT):
– There are different programs available. You have to choose them based on your situation.
– This association was established in 1989 and has been on the top since then. In total there are four qualifications available here. And the time required for completing these courses lies between 6-18 months. Now take a look at these four qualifications one by one:
• The Foundation Certificate in accounting:
This qualification is enough to give you a job as an entry-level accountant. If you are good enough to pay attention while studying anything, you can complete this course in less than a year. Anyone who completes it will have enough knowledge about bookkeeping, handling the professional accounting software, and other basic accounting principles.
• The Foundation Diploma in Accounting and Business:
This course has been designed for the students who are in the age group of 16-19 years than means those who have just completed their secondary level education. It is also about the one-year-long course. Here too, you will learn the basics involved in accounting and some other essential things.
• The Advanced Diploma in Accounting:
This course goes a level higher than the ones which have been mentioned earlier. Here you will learn about bookkeeping in more detail and other things like final accounts, and ethical practices.
• The Professional Diploma in Accounting:
This is the final qualification that you can get here. Here, you will learn more specialized skills that are needed to be a good accountant like evaluating the financial performance of a firm, performing audits (internal as well as external), managing the budget of a company, etc. There are three semesters involved here to complete this course.
The number of qualifications that you get from organizations can’t be contained in one blog. This is up to you which course to choose and how you are going to utilize it in your future.
In this age of the internet, there are several options to choose from. If you don’t have enough time, you should go for online accounting training. It would be very beneficial for you as you can fit it with your schedule