Introduction to Troubleshoot Duplicate Photos
Having a clogged and cluttered photo gallery is a mess hard to clean for everyone. Not only does it make us do a lot of manual effort, but it also consumes a substantial amount of our time.
We all store images in the form of memories on our Windows systems and in order to manage them according to different criteria like data, or occasion we often tend to duplicate the images at more than one location.
Though this doesn’t hurt in the initial phases, it gradually starts to eat the disk space and hence hampers the performance of the Windows 10 PC.
While it may sound easy to clear and remove duplicate photos, it is nearly impossible to do it manually.
Hence a more practical approach is to use a third-party application that belongs to the duplicate image finder category and let it do the work for you.
Using a duplicate finder tool easily detects redundant images and removes them thereby organizing the gallery as well as restores disk space and improves performance.
Best Duplicate Picture Finder Tool For Windows 10 PC:
This easy to use yet amazing duplicate photos finder tool tops our list and is offered by Systweak Software.
It has an advanced engine that looks in the deepest corners of the Windows PC and easily locates duplicate and similar images.
It has various matching criteria that a user can select while choosing to delete duplicate images. The different matching criteria allow users to detect duplicate and similar images according to their requirements.
The user interface is such that it can easily be used by both layman and technically sound users.
How To Use Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro:
Since it has a user interface you can remove duplicate images by following a few simple steps:
- Download Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro on your Windows 10 PC.
- Once it’s downloaded, install it. To do so, simply follow the on-screen instructions and proceed with the installation.
- After the installation is complete, launch Duplicate Photos Fixer. From the main screen add the photos and folders you wish to scan for duplicate images. This can be done by clicking on Add Photos or Add Folders.
- The right-panel provides the matching criteria. Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro easily scans for duplicate and similar images based on the two different comparison methods. While Exact Match detects only duplicate images, Similar Match easily detects images that look similar.
- Once a user has selected the Comparison method, they can also set the different matching criteria based on Time Interval, GPS, Bitmap Size, and Matching Level.
- After the matching criteria are set and photos have been added click on Scan for Duplicates to start the scan process.
- The time taken depends on the number of images added or the size of the folder. After the scan is finished, this duplicate image finder tool displays all the duplicate images it has scanned.
- You can either choose to select the files manually or simply click on the Automark option to select the duplicate images to be deleted.
- Post this, click on Delete Marked to remove duplicate images from your Windows 10 PC.
- Deleting duplicate files will directly send them to the Recycle Bin. Pictures located on a network Driver gets deleted on a permanent basis.
- Please note one image is retained by default, so you do not have to worry about losing your pictures entirely.
Wasn’t it easy? Duplicate photos Fixer Pro easily detects and deletes duplicate pictures from your Windows 10 PC and restores precious disk space that was otherwise wasted.
Benefits Of Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro:
This easy picture finder tool has a lot of benefits and amazing features that make it the first choice of many users:
- Compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP.
- Simple yet effective interface.
- Easy drag and drop option available to add files.
- Scanning is based on different criteria like GPS, Time Interval, matching Level, and Bitmap Size.
- The auto-mark option saves time consumed in selecting images manually.
- Easy preview option to preview the images before you delete duplicate photos.
- Restores disk space by removing duplicate and similar images.
- Supports multiple image formats.
- It is also available for download on Mac, iOS, and Android devices.
Having redundant images on your Windows PC occupies storage space and affects the overall performance gradually.
In order to improve the performance, we need to delete duplicate images from the PC. However as easy it sounds it is nearly impossible to remove duplicate images manually.
This calls for a duplicate picture folder tool that can detect and remove duplicate and similar pictures for you.
Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro by Systweak Software is our personal choice and stands first in the list of best duplicate image finder tools.