- 1 Introduction to Update Minecraft
Introduction to Update Minecraft
Minecraft is a game across the globe and has a fan base of millions. Owing to its popularity Minecraft releases are updated regularly and it is necessary to update Minecraft In Windows 10 to enjoy it to the fullest.
The updates usually contain bug fixes, new features, and a more stable environment. When you are playing Minecraft on your Windows 10 PC, make sure your Windows is up-to-date.
Also, Minecraft updates itself whenever an update is released. If you are a Mac user and your Minecraft is running slow then you can check the guide
However, there may be times when you will have to manually update the same. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps using which you can easily update Minecraft games manually on your Windows 10 PC. So let’s start:
Update Windows 10 PC:
If your Operating System is not updated simply navigate to Settings > Update & Security. Post this click on Check for updates under the Windows update heading. This will download any update if available.
Once you have the latest version of Windows 10, follow these methods to update Minecraft games.
How To Update Minecraft On Windows 10:
Find below the different methods to achieve the required and enjoy playing.
1. Update The Minecraft Windows 10 Edition:
This is the first method that involved updating the Windows 10 edition of the Minecraft game. To do this,
- Open the Microsoft Store on your Windows 10 PC.
- Here look for the three-dot icons present on the top-right corner of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu that appears click on the Downloads and updates option.
- From the new window that opens, click on downloads and updates.
- Locate Minecraft in the pending queue and update it.
- If the same is not listed in the pending queue, simply click on Check for updates and Microsoft Store will look for the update and update Minecraft.
This method mentioned the steps in which you can easily navigate to the Microsoft Store and update Minecraft. What if the Minecraft Windows 10 edition does not update with these steps.
How To Update Minecraft When The Windows 10 Edition Do Not Update:
If you have been trying to update the Windows 10 edition of Minecraft and are unable to, we suggest you try the methods mentioned below:
Reset Minecraft Game:
This is the first step towards making Minecraft work for you on your Windows 10 PC. For this floor the steps mentioned below:
- On your Windows 10 PC, open the Start menu and type Settings in the search bar.
- From the pop-up menu click on Settings to open it.
- From the Settings window look for the option named Apps and click on it.
- Post this click on Apps & Features from the left panel.
- From the main panel, look for Minecraft and click on it.
- When you click on Minecraft, select the option named Advanced options.
- Post this click on Reset.
- Finally, navigate back to the Microsoft Store and then update the Minecraft game.
If the above method that involved resetting the Minecraft game did not work and you are still unable to update Minecraft on Windows 10 PC, the next solution you can try is to reinstall the Minecraft game all over again so that the latest version gets downloaded.
To reinstall the Minecraft game, you need to completely uninstall it first and then reinstall it from the official Minecraft website.
To uninstall, please follow the steps below:
- On your Windows 10 PC, press the Windows key and R key simultaneously.
- This will open the Run command window, type appwiz.cpl in the text box, and press Enter.
- Post this locate Minecraft game and right-click on it to uninstall it.
- After this, open the File Explorer by pressing both the Windows logo key and E together.
- In the address bar type %Appdata% and then press Enter.
- Lastly, locate the Folder named Minecraft and delete it to uninstall and remove all the traces of the Minecraft game.
Further visit: 3 Best Gear For live Stream Video Games
Now that the Minecraft game is completely removed from your Windows PC, you can simply download and install the latest version of the game and enjoy playing, To do so,
- Open the browser on your Windows 10 PC and then navigate to the official site of Minecraft. From here download the latest version of the game.
- Once the download is complete, install the game and then launch it to see if it’s working fine.
So these are the best solution and if you are looking for Minecraft server hosting then there are a number of services available on the internet.
In the majority of the cases, the above-mentioned steps easily rectify the problem and update Minecraft on Windows 10 PC.
However, in rare cases, if the game does not update even by trying all the possible solutions, you should contact the customer support of Minecraft. They will be able to help you further.