This is one of the prime factor for Automated Testing challenges (DevOps Testing issues or Software Testing challenges).
How to resolve?
- We need to choose a champion for the upcoming tool.
- Then we need to identify the resources for evaluation.
- We need to brainstorm and find out some flows(It can be mixture of simple , medium and complex)
- Also need to acquire a trial license.
- And need to perform automation on the identified flows.
- If we see success, we need to do a cost benefit analysis.
If cost benefit analysis is in our favor,we can start preparing the training plan for the testers.
- We need to roll out a plan
- Also need to acquire the full license
- We need to prepare automation deployment plan
- And need to prepare a conversion plan from existing tool(if any)
- We need to measure benefits over time.
- Then we need to market inside of our organization.
Dependability-Software Testing challenges
Dependability is additionally one essential test for Automation. Every structure should bolster Error dealing with and recuperation. Computerization ought to be hearty to help various conditions. To make it versatile is one of the real difficulties these days. Mechanization must pursue the re usability convention to help visit fixes, discharges and fabricates.
This is one of the real difficulties these days. However, to show signs of improvement ROI, one must empower such usefulness in the system level. The last issue could be to decide how modified articles will be taken care of by the system. Dependability adds Challenges in Testing as well as Automated Testing challenges(DevOps Testing issues or Software Testing challenges).
I must say that engaging a single team for multiple projects will increase dependency. Later point of time when projects become huge,this strategy will surely back fire.
Another important factor that increases the dependency is the inferior quality setup for tester. Sometimes they are no way near to the production instance. The servers generally tend to have less capacity increasing risk to stop testing in the mid way.
Test data-Frequently faced challenges in automation
Test data is another central point in automation achievement.And it adds Challenges in Testing world too. In a perfect condition, test data ought not to be a seeded one or produced. We ought to probably utilize arbitrary test information represented by application rules. This may likewise control us towards high effect bug simply covering up inside information.
Automated Testing challenges(DevOps Testing issues or Software Testing challenges) also includes this as automation is also majorly dependent on test data.
The bad guy perception-Top challenges in Testing
Who is a good tester? A person who has a capability to break the system and have a creative destruction attitude. But when tester voice out in different calls, they convey the bad news.They point out the areas where codes are not running as per expectation rather where codes are working.
This creates the perception that testers are bad for releases. On the other hand independent testers only check certain things.Developers are intelligent enough to close these points early.Hence independent test team can not find different quality bugs. This results a overall bad quality health for the product.This bad guy perception adds challenges to testing world.
Automation also faces this issue. Automation is treated as a development activity not testing activity resulting contribution to Automated Testing challenges(DevOps Testing issues or Software Testing challenges).
How to resolve?
- We need to educate the customer and other stakeholder about the purpose of deploying a test team.
- Then we need to encourage the test team to bring more valid issues of the system which helps everybody to understand the value of the team.
- And also need to make the stakeholder of the application understand that a tester is paid for finding defects not to create a bottle neck.
- We need to communicate properly that the testers are not there to stop a release. Their no go means that the product is really buggy.
Testers mentality-QA challenges
Definitively , this is one of the prime factor in Challenges in Testing world.
Definition of a good test engineer:
A decent test engineer is who.
- Has a “test to break” demeanor,
- Takes the perspective of the client,
- Has a powerful urge for quality
- Tactful and political
- Has great a correspondence ability, both oral and composed. What’s more, he
- Has past programming improvement experience, as well.
But it is seen testers fall over the concept of ‘us and them’. Them often refers to the development team.Due to heavy workload,testers do not see the big picture and tend to be sort sighted. This creates the blame game within the whole team.(No I am not saying only testing team does this, it is the virtual boundaries which creates these noises.)
How to resolve?
- We need to encourage the test team for a open discussion with the stakeholders about the product.
- Then we need to motivate the teams to think about the end product not the teams.
- We need to provide the confidence as all teams are same as one unit.
- Also need to motivate cross cultural activities like testers if possible can contribute to development on the other hand developers can join the testing team to participate different testing activities.
- We need to put a process so that teams rely on the processes than a team.
We need to be careful on the conflict of interests while implementing boundary less ,process dependent flow. Testers job is to create efficient test set to break the system rather demonstrate how good the code is and there is no defect in the system. Role playing is good when the process is really matured.
Waterfall to Agile migration : A big challenge or QA challenges?
Agile is a time boxed or time bound approach where each cycle is called sprints. They lasts for two weeks.Agile needs continuous development , continuous Testing and continuous Integration. It is dynamic. It may not have a streamlined approach like waterfall.