Why I like JDeveloper??
There are several tutorial which teaches us that JDeveloper is the only IDE available for developing a ADF based or Fusion based applications.
I googled a lot on this topic. Initial impression on this tool was not good. Being no other option I thought to download it. Finally I decided to download it and gave a try.
My initial post talks about my first impression.
I have developed few applications on this tool.
Well at this point of time I really like this tool.
What are the features of JDeveloper that attracts me ..
- Drag and drop interface
- Click to click interface
- Much for easy for advanced and new programmers.
- Easy mapping for J2EE applications
- Visual IDE
- Standard features which are very open and extendable
- Huge technology support.
- Supports different Development approaches
- Supports integration with different data source
- Integrated Application server.
- CSV support.
Benefits in my view:
- Supports today’s trend of developing client server based distributed application using Java,XML,Web services and database primarily SQL.
- Starting from design ,coding, implementation, testing, profiling,application tuning, to deployment , it supports all the features.
- Simple design pattern and less infrastructural headache
- Huge support for different technologies and layers.
- Support for different development frameworks.
- Supports developers irrespective of their skills on java
- Support from different development forum, knowledge base and tutorials.