Introduction to Wifi Extender Setup
Do you have low-level net access or does the internet network in certain parts of your home and office not function correctly?
The best approach is to use a Wi-Fi extender setup that boosts your internet speed and experiences you the best internet speed in the hard reach region of your home and workplace.
For instance, If you have a Linksys extender setup but you have troubleshooting to connect your extender with your router then adopt some steps.
Connect your Wi-Fi Range Extender Setup
You just need to note the specifications provided below for setting up your Wi-Fi extender configuration.
- You have to plug in the Wi-Fi extender setup.
- Note the wireless configuration of your router, i.e. your SSID or wireless name, wireless password or network/security key.
- Give your new extender set up a restart.
- You need a healthy internet connection.
So, to set up the new extender setup, these are the required points you need to follow. To set up your Wi-Fi extender setup, there are two methods: Manual and WPS.
WIFI EXTENDER MANUAL SETUP
Manually setting up your new extender setup? Here is a move that you have to take.
- In the same place, take your extender and the monitor or laptop.
- Using an Ethernet cable, attach your new extender setup to your device.
- Plug in an electrical socket now with your extender and your computer.
- After that, enter the URL “mywifiext.net” in the web browser.
- You can see a login page on your phone. Please send your username details and press the login button.
- After that, pick the manual option and push the send button. And switch off the extender and power it on.
- Your WiFi range extender will be wired to your router.
WIFI WPS BUTTON EXTENDER SETUP
Wireless Protected Setup (WPS) is a security system for a Wi-Fi network that ensures the right communication between the router and the extender.
There are two ways to connect your router to your WPS extender: using the WPS icon, and another route you can sign in to a web-based wireless range extender configuration.
WPS stands for Wi-Fi Safe Configuration. This button helps you to customize one device at a time. You will find the WPS button on the front or back panel of your system routers.
Few wireless G routers could not have a WPS feature in it. For these situations, please refer to the product manual for the specifics of your router.
The key function of the WPS button is that it acts as a network security protocol that helps to make communications between the router and the wireless computer quicker and understands how to set up the Wi-Fi range extender.
WiFi Network: Wifi Extender Setup
- Hold the range extender inside the Wi-Fi range of your router.
- Plugin the extender to the electrical outlet, turn on the extender, and wait before the electrical light turns out to be solid.
- In your computer, smartphone, or tablet, attach these devices to the Linksys Extender Configuration Wi-Fi network.
- The default name of the wireless network is Linksys Extender Configuration. Ensure that you have at least 50 percent of the Wi-Fi signal on your computer during the configuration process.
- Go to your device, notebook, or mobile web browser and access the Linksys web-based configuration page by entering 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
- The Linksys Wireless Range Extender screen will appear now, then press Start.
- The License Agreement Screen appears now, with the option I consent to press on it.
- It’s beginning to look for the available wireless networks.
- Select your wireless internet name or SSID, and you’ll be asked to type your Wi-Fi password in the vacant region.
- Enter your password and then press Next to connect to your network.
How will WiFi Extender work?
Wi-Fi extender is a system used to repeat the router’s wireless signal to widen its coverage range. It functions as a computer that absorbs a Wi-Fi signal from a router and transmits it to areas where there is a minimum signal power.
- Set up the Range Extender and know how to install the Wi-Fi Extender
- There must be a ‘push’ button on the Wifi Range extender.
- Press the button to develop a connection between the router and the extender
- Using the Spot Finder to locate the unit accurately.
- After a bit, link to the extended home Wi-Fi network.